How to save capital gain tax on account of property sold today purchased 29 years back. I am working woman?

What is time frame to save capital gain tax either by way of deposit in bank or bonds. Upto which period sale proceeds have to be reinvested in housing. What is the best option. My husband who is retired already owns a house where in v r living.
5 answers 5