How many Indian soldiers were killed in Kargil conflict 1999 ? Some say 2,70,000. Is it true BJP hiding that?

In 77 day Kargil Conflict of 1999, more Indian soldiers lost their lives than combined loss of 1947 - 1949, 14 month old Kashmir War, 23 day 1965 Indo - Pak war & 14 day 1971 War for Bangladesh formation. Many divisions were eliminated , it is learnt. Though real figure is never disclosed but people have a rough... show more In 77 day Kargil Conflict of 1999, more Indian soldiers lost their lives than combined loss of 1947 - 1949, 14 month old Kashmir War, 23 day 1965 Indo - Pak war & 14 day 1971 War for Bangladesh formation. Many divisions were eliminated , it is learnt. Though real figure is never disclosed but people have a rough idea from media reports. During Kargil conflict, Indian TVs were showing only one Bofors gun firing all the time & Pakistan TVs were showing captured Indian soldiers alive. Many Indian people were saying that it is was pre-planned drama for forthcoming General Elections in India with full understanding with Pakistan's establishment to make BJP win which actually happened too. Later on , figures were disclosed by either side within 300 no of lives lost at either sides. Few years later, Nawaz Sharif said that Pakistani side lost 2,700 men. Later, it was disclosed in the news that the loss of life in India was so many that the stock of caskets was exhausted & fresh caskets were imported very quickly in which allegations of large amount of kickbacks were disclosed on defence & other top Indian ministries. Now some recently retired armymen who were posted in Kashmir state during the war told so many individual & general stories. I too heard many stories. All are ananymous on the point that most of Indian soldiers were of not very cold places having no experience & withstandability on snow heights & suffered so much that ratio of loss of life was 100 : 1 against the enemy. If that is correct, it means that India lost 2,70,000 soldiers at least in that conflict & then casket scandal is understandable. In Kashmir, recently most of the soldiers who want to leave the valley at any cost said that entire Gulmarg & many such places were evacuated of the troops & all were sent to kargil . Only few came back. Is BJP hiding that fact & not talking anything on Kargil even during election campaign. Is the information of that high figure correct ? All Kashmiris happily say so. What is the truth ?
Update: To Reggie : I've visited Kargil, Drass & Batalik sectors. Thanks for detailed info ! but Wikipaedia doesn't give correct infos in all respects. The map itself of that area is wrong. Locals don't buy these stories. I think both India & Pakistan govts are hiding vital informations & fooling their... show more To Reggie : I've visited Kargil, Drass & Batalik sectors. Thanks for detailed info ! but Wikipaedia doesn't give correct infos in all respects. The map itself of that area is wrong. Locals don't buy these stories.
I think both India & Pakistan govts are hiding vital informations & fooling their people. Whatever I learnt from locals of Kashmir 7 soldiers there, never came to media. If I disclose the names of soldiers, they're sure to be court marshalled. It is possible the approx. figure of 2,70,000 is exaggerated but it should be known the exact stock of caskets with Indian army at that time.
vajpayeeji & Nawaz Sharif were summoned by Clinton. Nawaz went but Vajpayeeji shied away to avoid embarrassment. Clinton had to beg Nawaz to order retreat. Still five small peaks have not been returned to India, hiding another fact.
Update 2: To Reggie : I've visited Kargil, Drass & Batalik sectors. Thanks for detailed info ! but Wikipaedia doesn't give correct infos in all respects. The map itself of that area is wrong. Locals don't buy these stories. I think both India & Pakistan govts are hiding vital informations & fooling their... show more To Reggie : I've visited Kargil, Drass & Batalik sectors. Thanks for detailed info ! but Wikipaedia doesn't give correct infos in all respects. The map itself of that area is wrong. Locals don't buy these stories.
I think both India & Pakistan govts are hiding vital informations & fooling their people. Whatever I learnt from locals of Kashmir & soldiers there, never came to media. If I disclose the names of soldiers, they're sure to be court marshalled. Possibly, the approx. figure of 2,70,000 is exaggerated but it should be known the exact stock of caskets with Indian army at that time.
Vajpayeeji & Nawaz Sharif were summoned by Bill Clinton. Nawaz went but Vajpayeeji shied away to avoid embarrassment. Clinton had to beg before Nawaz on his behalf to order retreat. Still five small peaks have not been returned to India, another hidden fact.
Update 3: To Kalai saheb : Your anger is understandable but this question is about number of soldiers lost, NOT other things. I know legal aspects of Kashmir Dispute fully, Kargil being a part of that. You're advised to read the book : Kashmir in Conflict by Victoria Scofield, Amazon Books.
Update 4: To sd : You misunderstand. I mainatain neutral position. I've media & personal infos not coming in media, told by authentic sources, may not be fully reliable as they're not disclosing in a court. India is suffering in Kashmir for 20 years & in many areas controlled by Naxals & LTTE 7 so is Pak suffering in... show more To sd : You misunderstand. I mainatain neutral position. I've media & personal infos not coming in media, told by authentic sources, may not be fully reliable as they're not disclosing in a court. India is suffering in Kashmir for 20 years & in many areas controlled by Naxals & LTTE 7 so is Pak suffering in many areas, no doubt.
There is only ONE super power, but that too failed in Vietnam, Gulf & South Asia. Local people support always matters most.
Tell me how many caskets did India have before Kargil Was & how many were imported after acute shortage ? don't divert the central idea of the question by mixing irrelevant things, I'm not interested in them.
Update 5: To sd : You misunderstand. I mainatain neutral position. I've media & personal infos not coming in media, told by authentic sources, may not be fully reliable as they're not disclosing in a court. India is suffering in Kashmir for 20 years & in many areas controlled by Naxals, Mizos, Bodos & LTTE & so is... show more To sd : You misunderstand. I mainatain neutral position. I've media & personal infos not coming in media, told by authentic sources, may not be fully reliable as they're not disclosing in a court. India is suffering in Kashmir for 20 years & in many areas controlled by Naxals, Mizos, Bodos & LTTE & so is Pak suffering in many areas, no doubt.
Tell me how many caskets did India have before Kargil Was & how many were imported after acute shortage ? Don't divert the central idea of the question by mixing irrelevant things, I'm not interested in them.