Please help me -Codeine Effects?

HI all,

Please help me because i feel i am killing myself daily.

I am very addicted to codeine,here in India we get a cough SYRUP

called "Mits Linctus Codeine"--which i get from a store each

All this started about 4 years ago when i got introduced to it.

The side effects of Codeine are very bad-I lost my appetite,severe constipation,shivering and DROWISINESS is the most.

So,i am trying best to leave.When i am writing this now is my 3rd attempt.

Every time-I try leaving it,just after 1 day---The way my body reacts is beyond words.

I am a Software Reasearch and Development Guy and for me...my concentration towards work

is the most needed.so,anytime i have tried leaving it..after 1 day...i had

to return from office because of body ache,cant seat at work...severe urge for sleep

but still no sleep when i go to bed.

so,can you all please please i request do you all know of

any medicines/medications that would NULLIFY or lessen the URGE FOR CODEINE in my BODY?

Please help me...i am really loosing myself slowly.Any medicines to counter-act

codeine's urge is enough.

I know everything is mental strength to leave addiction.But for me,my mental

strength seems going down when i try leaving it.So only option

is a medicine which would either NULLIFY/lessen the urge of CODEINE

hi I live in India(mumbai) and was addicted to codeine for about 2 years too, the same stuff -- mitts linctus, rex cof, corex, ascoril - c etc but was able to quit eventually.

I know from experience what you say, that is that not only can the psychological craving to use C be overwhelming but the physical cravings (withdrawals) are bad too.

Firstly, as I found out, you really must be willing completely without any reservations to quit, you must hate your addiction much more than you love the good feelings C gives you, only when the desire is there can you stop and stay stopped. There are ways to keep up the motivation once you have quit but obviously for you in the position you are it comes later.

So, about the physical part of it:

Firstly know that the worst of the W/D's only last for a max of 4 days and after about a week to ten days, completely dissipate. No matter how bad you may feel, you are in no mortal danger.

Quitting just like that without any medication or anything is known as going cold turkey and fact is that this is the only method that works for most addicted people. Tapering off or substituting your fix often just serves to keep you in the same cycle.

I know that the symptoms from not taking C can be bad but know that people quit cold turkey with much harder opioid drugs like Heroin. W/D's from C are a walk in the park when compared to those with heroin and other opioid drugs like methadone but people do quit cold turkey when they REALLY want to.

So, cold turkey is one option, the other is that you get yourself admitted to a detox/rehab. There's certainly not an abundance of help in the form of detox's in India but if you are living in a metro like Mumbai or Delhi, you can find one. In Mumbai, there are a couple of private detox's like Sevadhan, Kripa and a government run detox too. But the problem is that most will keep you for at least a month.

If you can't go in for a month since you are working and all and can't bear the pain of going cold turkey try the 'Thomas Recipe' method for quitting opioids, I put the link in the source field and also put it below. Note that it will still require that you be able to get about a week of leave from work. All of the stuff needed, you should be able to obtain from the meds which have been supplying you your C. Any Q's mail me at rantingraj at gmail dot com

++++++++++

"""PLEASE NOTE: I am not a doctor, simply a long-time Rx opiate junkie who has had many opportunities to develop a way to detox. This is a recipe for at-home self-detox from opiates based on my experience as well as that of many other addicts. It is not intended as professional medical advice. It is always wise to make sure none of the recipe ingredients or procedures conflict with medications you may be taking. Likewise, if you have any medical condition, disease, allergy or any other health issue

, consult your doctor before using the recipe. Thanks, Thomas

This recipe is designed for cold turkey opiate detox. It assumes that you can get about 5 to 7 days away from your job or household responsibilities during which you can sleep, veg and act as miserable as you feel. Opiate WD mimics the symptoms of the commonCommon cold fluAmniocentesis

Atrial fibrillation/flutter

Cerebral spinal fluid (csf) collection

Culture - joint fluid

Fluorescein angiography

Flushable reagent stool blood test

Fta-abs

Gastroesophageal reflux disease

Gastroesophageal reflux in infants

Haemophilus influenza organism

Hiatal hernia repair, so, if you need a smokescreen, hide behind a bad case of the flu.

If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better.

For the Recipe, You'll need:

1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax -- if possible get high doses of 10 mg because they should be able to knock you out of your W/D missery instead of just making you more drowsy and for the love of god don't abuse these ). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.

2. Imodium (immodium) (over the counter, any drug or grocery store). For the loose motions

3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.

4. Strong multi vitamin and mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper and Magnesium.

5. Vitamin B6 caps.

6. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available).

How to use the recipe:

Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Differen

• zulma

Codeine Linctus Side Effects

It vary. Everyone react different. When I use Tylenol with codeine. I basically pass out for over 12 hours.

want to quit codeine ,well got to smoke weed for at least 3 days , with o side effects you can recover no rehabs ,no person to tell you what and when to do every one have strength beyond strength coz we r humans /Try It yourself and you can do byyourself

I'd suggest either speaking with a doctor or try weaning off. Going cold turkey with any addiction can give bad side effects. Reduce your in take every couple of days until you're hardly taking any and THEN go cold turkey.

Good luck!

You need to wean off of it or get into a Methadone or Suboxone program. There aren't too many other options.. unless you go into a rehab/detox facility.

Look up methadone clinics on your area. Methadone is a narcotic that feels like codeine but is more eaisily controlled to ween yourself off the drug until you are clean.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axW5u

you might get a pain in your gut. it may have no effect whatsoever or you may get some relief from your cyst (i doubt it) when it doesn't work go back to your job and tell him you had excruciating pain in your stomach and you got no relief from the T3. he should give you something better.

u need help

earlier the better

go to a detox facility before its too late and ur addiction takes a toll

u will b given supportive therapy

u will find similar people with probably lot more serious problems

u will b given some drug substitutes that gradually takes off the craving

Actavis syrup and pills available.

Contact email: (bradonkushman@gmail.com)

Text (US): (801) 690-7463

Actavis purple cough syrup $200

Hydros Yellows: 10/325-$4.50 each

Hydros Blues 10/500-$3.50 Each

30mg IR ritalin-$3.00 each

20 mg IR ritalin-$2.00 each

10mg IR ritalin-$1.5 each

30mg IR adderall-$3.00 each

20 mg IR adderall-$2.00 each

Percocet 5mg-round white- $3.00 each

Percs 10mg-oblong with name percocet on one side-$6.00 each

Morphine-$11 each

Dilaudid 8mg-$6 each

Dilaudid 4mg-$3 each

Xannies (White and yellow Bars)-$3.00 each

Roxi 30 blues-$9.00 each-sale!!

OC 80's-$15.00 each

Fent pops Atiq 1200mcg-$22.00 each

Fent pops Atiq 1600mcg-$27.00 each

Fent Patches Gel 100mcg-$12 each

vicodin-$3.67each

vals-$6 each

Oxycotin.

Soboxone

There is more and can be supplied upon request.

Text (US): (801) 690-7463