How would you describe intimacy with God, and what do you think purity and holiness mean?

Well when we talk about intimacy with some one, his picture and characters come in our mind. The almighty God has no specific image. But He has treasury of good characters. God increases His intimacy with the devotee true worshiper, who is chanting His name and contemplates him in meditation. This way the devotee worshiper gains characters of God and as a result goes nearer to God. As said in Holy Book of Sikhism (SGGS):-

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Jap on Pannaa 8

cha(n)giaaeeaa buriaaeeaa vaachai dhharam hadhoor ||

karamee aapo aapanee kae naerrai kae dhoor ||

jinee naam dhhiaaeiaa geae masakath ghaal ||

naanak thae mukh oujalae kaethee shhuttee naal ||1||

MEANS:-

Good deeds and bad deeds-the record is read out in the Presence of the Lord of Dharma.

According to their own actions, some are drawn closer (to God), and some are driven farther away (from God).

Those who have meditated on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, and departed after having worked by the sweat of their brows

-O Nanak, their faces are radiant in the Court of the Lord, and many are saved along with them! ||1||

Purity and holiness (characters of God) is taken in the same sense. These are related with the mind. The bad thoughts always keep the mind in their grip. They always keep the man in doubts. Five enemies are responsible for creation of bad thoughts, as said by the third Guru Amar Dass ji in Raag Sorath at page 600 of SGGS

eis dhaehee a(n)dhar pa(n)ch chor vasehi kaam krodhh lobh mohu aha(n)kaaraa ||

(Within this body dwell the five thieves: sexual desire, anger, greed, emotional attachment and egotism.)

With great fortune if one chants the name of God, these enemies run away or come under your control. as said:-

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Siree Raag on Pannaa 73

vaath vajan tta(n)mak bhaereeaa ||

(The bugles play and the drums beat.)

mal lathhae laidhae faereeaa ||

(The wrestlers enter the arena and circle around.)

nihathae pa(n)j juaan mai gur thhaapee dhithee ka(n)dd jeeo ||18||

(I have thrown the five challengers to the ground, and the Guru has patted me on the back. ||18||)(or since Guru's hand was on my back)

Thus when we control the five challengers\enemies, the mind automatically becomes pure.

IN UNDERSTANDABLE LANGUAGE WE CAN SAY THAT THE GOD IS THE SOURCE OF ALL GOOD CHARACTERS. TO DOWNLOAD THE GOOD CHARACTERS ON YOUR HARD DISK OF MIND THE PASSWORD IS REQUIRED. THAT IS ONLY WITH TRUE GURU.

[as said byGuru Amar Daas Ji in Raag Maajh at page 124 :-sathigur hathh ku(n)jee horath dhar khulai naahee gur poorai bhaag milaavaniaa ||7|| {The key is in the hands of the True Guru; no one else can open this door. By perfect destiny, He is met. ||7||}]

OBTAIN THE PASSWORD FROM TRUE GURU AND APPLY IT AGAIN AND AGAIN ON THE FOLDER OF MIND, TO DELETE, CARRYING UNKNOWN NUMBER OF FILES OF BAD DEEDS, EARNED DURING VARIOUS INCARNATIONS. HENCE GOOD CHARACTERS WILL BE LOADED, DELETING THE BAD SIMULTANEOUSLY.[as said:- by Bhagat Ramanand ji as said at page 1195 in Raag Basant gur kaa sabadh kaattai kott karam ||3||1||{The Word of the Guru's Shabad eradicates the karma of millions of past actions. ||3||1||} Also refer:- This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Gauree on Pannaa 286, baara(n) baar baar prabh japeeai ||{Time after time, again and again, meditate on God.} pee a(n)mrith eihu man than dhhrapeeai ||{Drinking in, this Nectar, this mind and body are saturated.}]

HENCE WHEN OUR MIND IS ABSOLUTELY FORMATTED. IT BECOMES PERFECTLY PURE AND HOLY. NOW THIS STAGE OF MIND PERFECTLY MATCHES WITH GOD AND THERE REMAINS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOU AND GOD. As said:-

This Shabad is by Bhagat Kabeer Ji in Salok Kabeer Jee on Pannaa 1375.

kabeer thoo(n) thoo(n) karathaa thoo hooaa mujh mehi rehaa n hoo(n) ||{Kabeer, repeating, ""You, You"", I have become like You. Nothing of me remains in myself.}

jab aapaa par kaa mitt gaeiaa jath dhaekho thath thoo ||204||

{When the difference between myself and others is removed, then wherever I look, I see only You. ||204||}

NOTE: STATUTORY WARNING-ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED WITH GOD. PIRACY (FALSE SHOW) IS PUNISHABLE UNDER HIS UNIVERSAL LAW.

AS SAID:-

karathae hathh vaddiaaeeaa poorab likhiaa paae ||3||

Greatness is in the Hands of the Creator; it is obtained by pre-ordained destiny. ||3|| { Guru Arjan Dev Ji, Siree Raag

Page 52}

naanak sabh kishh thumarai haathh mai thum hee hoth sehaae ||54||{Nanak: everything is in Your hands, Lord; You are my Helper and Support. ||54|| Guru Tegh Bahaadur Ji,

Salok Mehl 9 page1429)

On the other hand:-

paakha(n)dd bhagath n hovee paarabreham n paaeiaa jaae || {Through hypocrisy, devotional worship does not come, and the Supreme Lord God is not found. Guru Amar Daas Ji

Raag Bilaaval page 849}

He can only be found with:-

bhaae bhagath neevaan hoe guramath t(h)eharaavai||

{Getting imbued with the loving Devotion, he becomes humble and stabalises his mind. Bhai Gurdaas Ji, Vaars Bhai Gurdaas 9}

At page 274 5th Guru says:-

kar kirapaa jis kai hiradhai gareebee basaavai ||

One whose heart is mercifully blessed with abiding humility,

naanak eehaa mukath aagai sukh paavai ||1||

O Nanak, is liberated here, and obtains peace hereafter. ||1||

and lastly:-

This Shabad is by Guru Raam Daas Ji in Raag Gauree on Pannaa 315

baahar behai pa(n)chaa vich thapaa sadhaaeae ||

When he sits outside among the elders, he is called a penitent;

a(n)dhar behai thapaa paap kamaaeae ||

but when he sits within the congregation, the penitent commits sin.

har a(n)dharalaa paap pa(n)chaa no oughaa kar vaekhaaliaa ||

The Lord has exposed the penitent's secret sin to the elders.

dhharam raae jamaka(n)karaa no aakh shhaddiaa eaes thapae no thithhai kharr paaeihu jithhai mehaa mehaa(n) hathiaariaa ||

The Righteous Judge of Dharma said to the Messenger of Death, ""Take this penitent and put him with the worst of the worst murderers.""

Source(s): SGGS and personnel experience.
  • Peace

Turning away from sin.

Doing what is right and good.

Embracing love. Loving what is good.

Not accepting...even a little... what is wrong.

Intimacy with God, to me, is submitting, completely giving in to His will, what He finds acceptable. It means I turn my back on sinning and give my all to Him. Everything I do, I do it for Him...so that means I will always do the right thing...and if I don't, I accept His correction and mercy.

Loss of pride and self.

Intimacy with God----complete surrender to the will of God + regular conversation with God through prayer and bible reading.

Purity and holiness--Total trust and faith in Jesus and making yourself undefiled from sin.

• Rob P

Simple: LOVE. Pure, unalterable LOVE. Unconditional LOVE.

Do yourself a favor & focus on the word: Unconditional. Define it, research it, debate it, etc.

Once you discover the deepest meaning of unconditional love you will begin to see the beauty of God's face in everything. Unconditionally love the world, all things, all people, all thought, all life, all God.

You can begin to take your first true steps in your walk of life to holiness. The world will transform before your very eyes.

Blessings upon you always

spiritual energy and light and being in it

Dirty.