Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCricket · 1 decade ago

Is this a concern for other cricket nations?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c...

I know it's mad to ask a cricket question in the cricket section, but hey, let's be crazy.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

That is worrying. The players have their priorities wrong ... country should come before the IPL ... the IPL should just be like 'icing on the cake' to them.

Of course, given the sum of money that is involved, it's no real surprise and if l were one of the players l'd want my finger in the IPL pie too. And there's nothing NZC can do about it as they don't have the money. But there must be a solution somewhere. Thinking caps on, national boards around the world!

• 1 decade ago

Hmm. Interesting. Oram is being bravely honest in saying that he's ready to quit test cricket to prolong his T20 career.

Well overall survery proves one thing that its all about money baby!

I don't agree with the comment of Heath Mills there, who says the players will have to perform well at international level first to get an IPL contract. Now that makes it a bit complicated to comprehend that if he's saying the main aim to play even internationals is going to be an "IPL contract" lol . No the IPL has searched young players around the cricket arena who'll be contending for international cricket after showing their skill in IPL . So its actually the opposite case.

• Sadia
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Oh dear, that does not sound too good at all.

I don't think that all the cricket nations have that point of view though. For example the Australian players were quite happy to not participate in the IPL this year, as they clearly realised that it'd not be good preparation for the Ashes, which is the ultimate to their mind. But we have to keep in mind the Australian (and English) players are quite highly paid by their own cricket boards, which not all players from other nations are. Perhaps this is something that the boards should look to improve to keep players interested in international cricket.

• 1 decade ago

IPL slot is only about 1/10th of the international calendar.

Every thing will be fine if this time slot is not increased and IPL is conducted avoiding clash with international matches.

If it is clearly demarkedIPL or any other such series will be a boost to Cricket as a whole and every country.

I feel that it should be viewed in this way.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Bill P
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You could understand players nearing the end of their international careers picking IPL as their number one due to the money involved but it is a shame if younger players take that attitude. Playing for their country should be their first priority whether it is test, ODO or T20.

• Evan
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Patriotic feelings!!! A wonderful feeling, but one must not be so blind with patriotism that one can't face reality. A player too worries about his future...the family...children etc. He too needs money to lead a decent life. Can the country he represents guarantee him that? If not.............; If he thinks he can earn an extra buck from somewhere else there is nothing wrong in that.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In a way that is very sad, but looking at it from a young person's perspective, the money would mean assured security for the future I guess. But I would much rather put my country first.

Yes this is rather odd, asking a cricket Q here,lol.

• cable
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i won't be able to circulate previous England, the abode of cricket. nevertheless they'd no longer be on a winning intense at present day, the game is rather considerable to maximum English human beings. in terms of winning, then Australia regulations!

• 1 decade ago

heeheh sad but money is every thing for ppl

Source(s): kashikooler979.brain
  • john
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

everyone in this world is after money

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.