Nadine
Nadine asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 decade ago

Teaching 8/9 year olds french, need ideas?

In our school i'm doing this thing where i go to a primary school and teach some children in year 4 french. I'm supposed to be teaching them words to do with the weather and sport, and i want to make the lesson fun. Could you think of any games i could do with them, that would also help them learn the words easily?

Thanks

Flash Cards!

With Pictures And Words

Then One With Just The Pictures

And Ask Them If They Can Remember Which Word Goes With It And Visa Versa!

Sweets/Biscuits For Everyone Who Did Good =] x

Check For Children's Allergies First Though!!

Have Fun =] x

Source(s): Nurse =] x

Wow! That is really young to start. Just shows how far the world has taken things to the extreme. I am sorry to hear that you want her to get an abortion, life is a gift from God, even though we don't see it that way sometimes. If she can't handle being a mother at that young age, then maybe consider adoption. There are lots of loving couples out there dying to have a child of their own, but can't due to medical reasons, so adoption could be the right answer. I know she had to have sex the night she went to the movies 5 months ago and came home at midnight, it is the only answer that makes sense. But can sh love the child like a child needs love? Will she get up at 10:00, 12:00, 2:00 every night and still go to school? Just something to think about.

As a school child myself its important for the younger children to have fun whilst learning. For the weather games perhaps clear your room, tables and chairs to the sides.. And mix it with drama, make them learn the basic words first.. Then ask them to do a small role play about the weather but tell them they have to include the words. With something like this, Year 4's will love to be up infront of the class and having a laugh. Sorry if this hasnt helped, But i hope it has.

When I was younger I used to hate French but when my Teacher taught us some French songs I loved it and I still remember them now.

Hope this helped.

The way I learnt french was my teacher asking us to keep repeating the words or sentences in a big group, a bit like you do these days with the times tables. I never forgot it and it stuck in my mind. You could try this and make it fun.

My french teacher does this thing when we have to learn words. Its like wink murder. You have a list of words on the board eg:

Manger

Rester

Regarder

(or whatever you have to learn)

Then you choose someone to be the 'detective'

And someone to be the 'murderer'

Then you get the whole class to chant the first word.. "Manger Manger Manger'' until the murderer does the signal and you move to the next word..''Rester Rester Rester'' etc..

The the detective has to guess who the murderer is and they get 3 goes :)

you can make pictures of weather and sports and use them as flashcards. You can also make up a game, I guess. I can't think of one. lol. I'm not sure if you can actully bring toys to the school, otherwise you can use them.

objects (eg. tennis balls)

pictures

dressing up

charades

not much writing, boring and attention wanders