Electricity help? New ceiling fan...?

I just got a Harbor Breeze fan with 50 watt bulbs. This was my first time installing a fan by myself. My problem is it came with three 50 bulbs that are really really hot! You can feel a small amount of heat 4 feet away. Is this normal? I've known about 100watts doing that but not 50. The bulbs aren't the normal type. I'm not sure what they call them, but they look sort of like the ones in some flashlights(triangle shaped/flat on top).

Those are halogen, and they do throw off a ton of heat.It's "normal". Hope this helps.

That does sound like halogen bulbs. The advantage is they provide a lot more light than standard bulbs - but the trade-off, as you've discovered, is that they can get quite hot.

You can try finding LED, or fluorescent replacement bulbs, or swap out the halogen fixture. If need be, take the whole thing back to the store to replace it, if the heat is a problem. If the bulbs are the prong type, rather than the screw in type, finding an alternative could be a problem.

You might try contacting the store where you bought the fan from, about alternative bulbs.

Good Luck

those are spot light you can change that into regular bulb use 40watts bulb or 13 watts twirl type fluorescent.

replace the switch for the light with a dimmer this way you will lower the intensity and the heat.