Ran a red light no camera but there was a witness no police either?

Today I accidentally ran a red light, there was no camera in the intersection but a man started following me and when I rolled down my window he said "you ran the red, you're in big trouble now" and then tried to write down my license plates. Obviously I was freaked out but I am wondering, what can the man actually do? Can he call the police and tell them I ran a red light. Should I be expecting a ticket?

Never, ever stop and roll down your window to talk to some man who's following you. Obviously there's something wrong with that person.

He can tell the police anything he wants, but for an infraction, the police officer has to actually see you commit the offense with his or her own eyeballs with the exception, of course, of the red light traffic cameras. Someone calling in to be a tattle-tale is just an idiot.

He can call and report you to the Police.

Depending on which state you live in, but you shouldn't worry about a ticket for the most part.

Do not call the Police and tell them you ran a red light. They have many more things to worry about than this case.

Yes, the man can call in and report you but the chances of the police tracking you down are slim to none, unless you live in a very small town where everyone is on a first name basis. Police have so much on their plates, your offense is not serious enough to form a posy. Take this for what it's worth...a warning.

Believe it or not I had the same thing happen to me. And the guy not only followed me but absolutely blared his horn at me. It was a subtle intersection and only him and I were involved. No cop, no camera. Reading these answers make me feel so much better because I thought I was gonna get into major **** but its true, cops don't like gettin complaint calls.

Source(s): Had the same experience. Neighbors also a cop for the county

RE: red light cameras in Michigan? I keep seeing everywhere that the red light cameras are illegal in Michigan, however, I do see cameras at some intersections. Are they illegal? Are the ones I'm seeing dummies?

You should of wrote his down and said he was following you.

It won't make a difference. He can whine all he wants. He has no proof. They will do nothing, and if they do something like talk to you just say it was a yellow light and the guy was harassing you, following and yelling at you.

Like the other person said relax, nothing will happen.

That guy is just a pest, i never would have rolled my window down for him or stopped for that matter. Just ignore him and go on with your day.

The cops wont do anything about this even if he goes and screams his head off.

Go to bed and forget about it. The cops are NOT going to care about that. Technically, they will say so, but honestly, they got better things to do, ask a cop.

If there was no traffic camera than he has no proof. If the cops do question you about it just deny it, without proof there is nothing they can do.

haha if I were you I'd laugh in that guy's face. It's his word against yours since there wasn't a camera. Who cares-trust me, that jerk won't do anything to you. He knows better.