Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetGoogle · 1 decade ago

How to configure in.com/mail account in to microsoft outlook?

I have an email id account at ......in.com...........I check my e-mails the following url address: http://mail.in.com/mails/

Pleazeee tell me how to configure this(above said) account in to microsoft outloook ?

PLease tell me the step wise.....

Thanks in advance......

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Method 1: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007

Start Outlook.

On the Tools menu, click Account Settings.

Click New.

Click Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, and then click Next.

In the Auto Account Setup dialog box, click to select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types check box, and then click Next.

Click Internet E-Mail, and then click Next.

In the Server Information section, select IMAP for Account Type.

In the Your Name box, enter your name exactly as you want it to appear to recipients.

In the E-mail Address box, type your e-mail address.

In the User Name box, type your account name.

In the Password box, type your password.

In the Incoming mail server box, type the name of your IMAP4 server.

In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type the name of your SMTP server.

Note IMAP4 is a retrieval protocol. You must have SMTP to send your messages.

Click Next after you have completed entering this configuration information, and then click Finish.

Back to the top

Method 2: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and earlier versions of Outlook

Start Outlook.

On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.

Under E-mail Accounts, click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.

Click IMAP as the type of account that you are creating, and then click Next.

In the Your Name box, enter your name exactly as you would like it to appear to recipients.

In the E-mail Address box, type your e-mail address.

In the User Name box, type your account name.

In the Password box, type your password.

In the Incoming mail server (IMAP) box, type the name of your IMAP4 server.

In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type the name of your SMTP server.NOTE: IMAP4 is a retrieval protocol. You need SMTP to send your messages.

Click Next after you have completed entering this configuration information, and then click Finish

• 1 decade ago

it depends on the server type. You have to check its pop3 , IMAP, or web account. Some servers do not allow users to download main on microsoft out look or outlook express. If they give permission then then they give procedure for configuring it.

Please go thru the manual of ut mail account.

• 1 decade ago

go to tools, in which u see account settings, select it, and then select email account settings after that you enter your name, email address, icoming mail server, outgoing mail server and your loginname and ur password and test your account settings

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.