Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMotor SportsFormula One · 1 decade ago

Who Is Best Kimi Raikkonen or Fernando Alonso?

Well even if i'd love to say Kimi but obviously it has to be Alonso.

Alonso is an all-rounded and consistent driver. Look at this year,Renault currently has a worse car than Ferrari,yet Alonso scored more points than Kimi. And last year,Alonso managed to haul his dog of a car to two race victories. He is able to get most out of an inferior car and in 2007,he managed to score the same amount of points as Lewis despite having to get so quickly used to a brand new McLaren chassis in a short amount of time.

Kimi on the other hand,I admire his natural raw speed and he does show occasional flashes of brilliance to bounce back from behind to take the victory(Suzuka 2005) but he will not perform well if given a bad car,or at least not strive so hard if not in a race-winning position. I do wish this would change soon.

Fernando Alonso

Alonso

If you were to give them both equivalent cars, then Alonso. He has better technique then Raikkonen and knows how to focus better during a race. I've compared these two for years..

IF Kimi was ever better, he no longer is. He's made a lackluster showing of himself this year - some of it was the Big Red machine - and looks to be on his way out; maybe to WRC.

Alonso has also been stuck in less-than-good equipment this year, but has still shown his drive and tenacity in the face of adversity.

Alonso.

Both are very good, but Fred has proven that he can drive the wheels off of anything he gets behind the wheel off. Perhaps, if Kimi had some better luck when he was McLaren, I would be looking at this differently. My edge to Fred though, regardless of him having two championships under his belt.

• Alonso

Raikkonen was never as good as Alonso, even when he was at his best

KIMI RAIKKONEN