• Food & Drink >
  • Beer, Wine & Spirits
  • Food & Drink >
  • Beer, Wine & Spirits

Do you always drink wine in a wine glass?

• Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
sometimes yes! You have to drink wine in a wine glass to enjoy its bouquet and crispness of taste!
Wine is the only drink which needs a wineglass no matter what

Asker's Rating & Comment

5 out of 5
thanks mate
  • 2
    0
  • Comment

Other Answers (10)

• Relevance
  • Rating
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Wingman answered 6 years ago
    Of course you can drink any liquid in any container that can hold liquid anyway. But if you want to be proper, show good manners and sophistication, then you should drink wine in a wine glass. And drinking wine from a wine glass has its reasons.

The shape of the glass is also very important, as it concentrates the flavor and aroma (or bouquet) to emphasize the varietal's characteristic. One common belief is that the shape of the glass directs the wine itself into the best area of the mouth from the varietal.

Generally, the opening of the glass is not wider than the widest part of the bowl.

The stem of a glass provides a way to hold the glass without warming the wine from body heat. Visually, a stem prevents fingerprints from smearing the glass. A new trend for wine glasses is the "stemless" wine glass which come in a variety of sizes and shapes as well. These glasses are typically more casual than their traditional counterparts, as they negate the benefits of using stemmed wine glasses..

Except for the wine connoisseur, wine glasses can be divided into three types: red wine glasses, white wine glasses, and champagne flutes.
    • 0
      0
    • Comment
  • John de Witt answered 6 years ago
    No, but if it's a decent wine, picking the proper glass brings out the best. If I'm boiling dry pasta, getting my spaghetti sauce from a jar, and drinking a cheap Chianti, a jelly jar will do.
    Since I've moved into a little apartment, I've trimmed down, so I only have about six or eight types of wine glasses, but it really does make a difference if you match your glass with your wine.
    • 0
      0
    • Comment
  • me! answered 6 years ago
    I would feel like a bum on the street if i drank wine out of anything other than a wine glass. I mean you could but it would look really bad....thats like drinking a beer with a brown bag around it!! hahahah would you do that?
    • 0
      0
    • Comment
  • Heart-Lit answered 6 years ago
    Most of the time i use wine glass
    • 0
      0
    • Comment
  • AMY M answered 6 years ago
    i dont drink wine but my sister drinks it out of a goblet then says she "only had 2 glasses". a whole bottle fits in 2 glasses!
    • 0
      0
    • Comment
  • Too Much!! answered 6 years ago
    No, any pretty glass will work...there is NO Wine Glass police gonna bust you for using a champagne flute
    • 0
      0
    • Comment
  • Hall of Skulls 7 (Fossilized) answered 6 years ago
    I've used a paper cup or sometimes a regular glass.
    • 0
      0
    • Comment
  • Carol C answered 6 years ago
    sometimes i drink it in a water glass or a juice glass.
    • 1
      0
    • Comment
  • Jon answered 6 years ago
    No you could drink it in a case or bottle
    • 0
      0
    • Comment
  • do you always drink wine in a wine glass?
    Sign in 

to add your answer

1 answer hidden
  • Angel answered 6 years ago
    No, I sometimes drink it out of a cup ...or the bottle..Haha!
    • 0
      0
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock