When i single on my mouse button the click behave like a double click big problem plz any one can help me out.?

when i single click my mouse it behave like double click

i change my mouse still same prob. i did hardware change still same prob

downloaded drivers still same reloaded windows xp still the same

any 1 can help me

i think virus is there

n when i reloaded xp it didn't gave me problem in first few days

i checked every setting of mouse but still same probleme

just try this ..........

go to folder options in control panel

in general

select Double click to open > click ok..

if it's not working than it's a virus problem .....

Method 1: Verify your clicking method

Make sure that you are performing a true single physical click. A single-click occurs when you press and release a mouse button one time.

Method 2: Test the mouse in multiple programs

Close all programs and test for the problem on the desktop and in other components of Microsoft Windows, such as Control Panel or Microsoft Windows Explorer.

If the problem only occurs in a particular program, troubleshoot that program. The program is most likely customizing the mouse commands.

Method 3: Test the mouse in safe mode

To start Windows XP in safe mode, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Shut Down, and then click Shut Down in the drop-down list.

2. In the Shut Down Windows dialog box, click Restart, and then click OK.

3. When you receive the following message, press the F8 key:

Please select the operating system to start

4. Use the arrow keys to select the appropriate safe mode option, and then press ENTER.

5. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, select the installation that you have to access by using the arrow keys, and then press ENTER.

6. Test the mouse.

7. To leave safe mode, restart the computer and let it start in Normal mode.

If the problem does not occur in Safe mode, there is a software anomaly; go to method 4.

Method 4: Troubleshoot your software

Check your mouse properties settings in Microsoft Windows

Make sure that Double-click or ClickSaver is not enabled. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Open the Mouse Properties dialog box. To do this in Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type main.cpl, and then click OK.

2. Use the appropriate method for your version of IntelliPoint software.

Version 2.2 or earlier:

On the StepSavers tab, click to clear the ClickSaver check box.

Version 3.0 or a later version:

On the Buttons tab, under Button Assignment, make sure that the Left button setting is Click (default), and not Double-click.

Click OK.

Source(s): Microsoft has addressed this problem. It is not common, but it happens. Here is the support page: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/266738

Maybe it's a virus but maybe you should check Control Panel>Folder Options. There's an option to change double and a simple click.

You description fits exactly that of a mouse button wearing out. Since mouses are so cheap, you should buy a new one and be done with it.

from ur control panel, go to folder option then in "general" tab ,"single clik to open an item" option is selected then then select the option "double click to open an item" then apply the changes

if this is not ur solution then just format ur operating system.

Tacos seem to do it for me. You should try it man.

And yeah theres a difference. Post above me lol. Your smart. Anyways, I would just buy a new mouse or yeah a virus check.

Is there really a difference of single-clicked as to double-clicking?

I don't think it should be much of a problem...

Virus check

with tacos

feed your computer TACOS

• It is a simple error all you have to do is unplug it and plug it back in :)