What is better: Windows XP or Windows Vista?

I am choosing between 2 laptops. The XP one (Lenovo) is 100$ more, than Vista one (Toshiba). Salesperson said Windows XP is so much in demand and so hard to find. People are buying XP like hot cakes and they immediately sell out. He said nobody likes stupid Vista and many good software programs dont work with Vista. Which Windows should I choose? Considering all other specifications are almost same.

Favorite Answer

LOL. Please be careful who do you ask.This forum is full of illiterate idiots that think XP is superior.If you go ask a computer guy they'll start laughing when you ask this question.Why on earth you are considering buying a computer with a dead OS installed on it? Oh yes....I forgot...its idiots like the ones that answer your question already!

What the salesperson said was true. But not true anymore. Most if not all programs work with Vista and it does have a few advantages over XP. The only thing XP has over Vista is that it needs about 1/3 less ram.

But if you are patient you could wait till Windows 7 is released in the next few months like the other person said as Windows 7 is better than both XP and Vista.

I am running a pre release version of Windows 7 and it is by far my favorite. Also it will bring down the price of other PCs that have older Windows on them if you still want to get Xp or Vista.

Ok. I'm gonna tell you something. Most people in Bestbuy or Target or Walmart anything like that are straight out of highschool with no backround in these operating systems. XP is known to be used businesses because it is more stable and the bugs are worked out and its been around for so long everybody knows everything about this operating system. For yourself being an end user on a Personal Computer your best time and the funner of the two is Vista. Vista has a great interface very smooth and clean and fast running new technology a lot more you can do with this too like adjust the back round to almost infinite possible ways. I am Microsoft Certified in Vista troubleshooting so on and so forth I have never heard of a program that will not run on Vista and run only on XP as a matter of fact Vista can run programs that were made for machienes 10+ years ago. I think that guy either doesnt know what he's talking about or trying to sell the last XP machiene to you. You will have a great time with Vista and i highly recommend it. Please if you have any questions e-mail me

Microsoft is no longer selling or supporting XP. Once Windows 7 is released (in October) XP will no longer be updated. This makes it dangerous to use as Microsoft will no longer be producing patches for any bugs or security holes found in the future.

Plus Vista and Windows 7 run very different from XP. Software and hardware vendors are no longer making their programs or hardware compatible with XP. Within a year it will be nearly impossible to find anything that runs on XP unless you want to use three to seven year old programs.

When Vista first appeared, staying with XP was often a good idea because of some early problems with Vista and inability of older PCs to run properly with it. With the release two years ago of Vista SP1 (and recently of SP2) those issues have been resolved. Also todays hardware is designed for Vista and has problems with XP.

It is ridiculous to pay an extra hundred dollars to downgrade yourself to a dead version of Windows no longer sold or supported. Go with the Vista. I

If you discover that you absolutely hate Vista, then in October when Windows 7 is released, take the same hundred dollars you would have spend for XP and pay a Windows 7 upgrade disc. For the same price you can be running the "latest and greatest" version of Windows rather than downgrading yourself to a dead version.

Some vendors are offering a coupon good for a free upgrade to Windows 7 when it is released (to keep people from waiting three months to pay their new PC.) Ask, and you might be able to get Windows 7 without paying extra....

Source(s): 18 years in computer IT support and repair

Ah again with the Vista bashing when will it end anyway Windows XP has a much simplilier interface and is easier and a better option for most people however I have Vista HP and I get much much more out of it then I did XP so if you dont mind figuring out a few dozen things out by yourself about your computer Vista takes time and above basic comprehension of computers but if you have that or the time Vistas worth it

Why is all of us so shocked that vista is slightly a pig, Australian laptop magazines have been reporting this because of fact it substitute into in beta previous due 2006. Now we hear there's a 0.33 provider %. for XP, advert vista would be old in 2009. which ability they'll re badge vista and fasten its issues and provide us a clean OS. no longer!

Windows XP

This Answer is my own opinion:

Right now i think XP. In a few years: Vista

When XP came out, it was quite a while before most of the 2k users when over to it, same with 2k -> ME although ME was a ton of ****...

Just my two cents.

,K I R A N

Source(s): Me

Listen to JimF. He knows what he is talking about(except funner is not a word)

I think Vista is awesome and never use XP anymore. (I have it on 2 dual boot machines)

Go for Vista the Best in MY book. vista is the best.....

Windows XP it is out of date. windows xp is to old. windows 7 or vista the best of all