Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificPhilippines · 1 decade ago

How does a disaster in a neighboring country affect the Philippines?

A major earthquake just hit Japan. Have you checked on your friends/family yet? I pray they are all okay.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601080&si...

Favorite Answer

It will affect because if they need assistance your government would have to put resources to help because if the same happened to Philippines you would want your neighbors to help out also. It could also affect trading between the countries if the disaster is big enough.

Source(s): history
  • Fizz

i think all the people saying the philippines help when neighboring countries have a disaster are completely WRONG.

i was one of the first people to Guinsaugon, Leyte after a mudslide wiped out an entire barrio and killed hundreds of people (locals claim 3000 but officials say 1200).

the philippines government did NOTHING for these people. it was only after the US Marines arrived and were able to transport the help received from japan and china that anything at all was done. if they cant help their own people they sure as hell arent going to help people in another country.

meanwhile, most of the funds donated by civilians and other governments went missing as it was stolen from the survivors by corrupt politicians.

Aawww...that's very thoughtful of you. Thanks!

Family and friends are okay. Damages here and there in Tokyo but nothing major. My place and my mom's looked like godzilla had a huge party but there isnt anything in the house that couldn't be fixed.

Quite a lot of system crash at work, so I MIGHT bid "Sayonara" to YAP for a while until those issues are resolved, but hopefully NOT as I am running a countdown business at the moment that I may not afford to leave.

LOL!=P

I stroungly disagree with the answer of fizz the philippines is always extending their help to othe countries but the only thing the philippines can offer is manpower. Doctors instead of medicine those kinda of stuff

I believe that any country has no choice, helping other country is the nature of which the united nation has been "built"

Countries like Japan and the Philippines are interlinked together whether it would be on trading, information, money remittance, disaster assistance etc......Yes, the Philippines will be affected for sure.

Not me. There could be trade deficiencies The need for aid. It could effect the Philippines but unlikely.

Thank you very much , Inday. That was a very thoughtful one.

Im residing very far from Tokyo, though.

I will try to check my friends who are in the Tokyo area.

Well, the bloody atheists are bloody using their bloody empirical senses... is your bloody prayers any use?

It is a cat. Mind yourself.

flipinos do it always and other asians do it always too. we help they help we all help. big or small.