What is called a 'PANCHAYATANA POOJA' ? and how to perform it?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
In Southern India, Panchayatana Pooja is being performed in most of the houses. May I know more details on it?
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
This is more termed as Sangh Pooja in our Jains, we usually call sangh( panchayat) as 25th Tirthankars of Jainism, if Mahaveer was last 24th then in our reality we see 2th Tirthankars and we do their pooja to ensure that they have responsibilities on themselves to ensure that we are on the right path and any of their decision should be in for the society and religion, we do sangh pooja by distributing sweets or even money.

Asker's Rating & Comment

4 out of 5
Though I somewhat know the answer as said by Narendra, it is first time I'm knowing such pooja exists in Jainism also.So I award it to you.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (1)

• narendra b answered 5 years ago
    Just Google.

Panchayatana puja:
    (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    Panchayatana puja (IAST Pañcāyatana pūja) is the system of worship in the Smarta sampradaya of Hinduism. It is said to have been introduced by Adi Shankara, the 8th century CE Hindu philosopher. It consists of the worship of five deities: Shiva, Vishnu, Devi, Surya and Ganesha. Depending on the tradition followed by Smarta households, one of these deities is kept in the center and the other four surround it. Worship is offered to all the deities. The five are represented by small murtis, or by five kinds of stones, or by five marks drawn on the floor.[1] One is placed in the center as the devotee's preferred God, Ishta Devata, and the other four in a square around it."

Source(s):

• Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock