Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How much weight would I lose if I ate 300 calories per day?

apple 127 (breakfast)

kudos bar 100(lunch)

string cheese 80 (dinner)

thats 300 calories

this is my third day eating only that

i am 5 2 and 90 pounds, and I want to lose weight obvisoully my goal is 80 pounds would that be skinny for 5 2 and how long would it take to reach my 80 pound goal if i keep eating only a kudos bar, an apple, and string cheese, and how much weight would i lose a day????

thx, in advance

I appriciate everyones answer so far, I didnt realize how dangerous it was, I just see models, and actress and they are skinny, so I just didnt want 2 look fat next 2 all these super skinny ppl, I didnt know that 90 pounds was skinny for 5 2, I dont plan on killing myself with this whole eating thing, I just hate my legs, they are so.....thunder thighish, maybe Im just seeing things, I am not crazy I understand that a normal person would probably be having a lot of problems with this but 2 tell u the truth im feeling better than ever.. well other than the fact im hungry, do you think that there could be a link to this, cuz im not sleeping very well, and everything sounds so much louder than it already is......

and back 2 the orginial question how much will i weigh if i eat 300 calories per day

Favorite Answer

I only eat 300 calories a day! I have lost 17 pounds in three weeks

If you want to drop 10 lbs, I recommend this method: http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/sculpt_rock_hard... I've been trying it myself for about a month, and I've dropped down from 190 to 185 (I'm a 25-year-old 5'10" male) -- and best of all, I actually <I>see</I> and <I>feel</I> the fat disappearing and being replaced with muscle.

If you really want an answer to your question, let's work it out using the formulas from the method I just provided above. A 127-calorie apple is about 31 grams of carbs -- virtually no protein or carbs. A 100-calorie Kudos bar is also mostly carbs -- around 20 grams, I'll say -- with around 2 grams protein and 3 grams fat (you can get the exact number off the box). The string cheese has the best source of protein in your daily meals, at 7 grams, with 6 grams fat and 1 gram carbs. So your daily intake is basically as follows: 9 grams protein, 9 grams fat, and 52 grams carbs. Using the spreadsheet chart I made for my own calorie-counting (that does all the calculations for me), your 300-calorie intake corresponds to a person who wants to weigh 25 lbs -- and that's assuming you workout for two hours a week. It took me a month to reach my goal, so if the same holds true for you, I'd say you'd lose a little more than 2 lbs per day.

However, I don't recommend doing the 300-calorie diet. As one who's tried crash diets in the past (including the Lemonade Diet, in which you eat and drink nothing but a spicy lemonade mixture for a week or two), I can say from experience that the results are not as great as you'd think -- they work better for 400-lb behemoths who need to drastically lose weight, but not as well for people who don't need to shop at the big & tall store (when they're not tall).

Personally, I think 90 lbs is great for someone who's 5'2" (some of my ex'es were around that height, and they looked gorgeous at 90-95 lbs). But it's all about proportions: if your figure looks great, the number on the scale doesn't mean anything. However, if it's a little muffin top you want to get rid of, or thick thighs, I suggest trying the diet I've suggested as well as visiting womenshealthmag.com. Check out their exercises, and give them a try to target whatever you'd like to tighten up.

Remember, it's fat you want to lose; by undereating, your body is actually going into "starvation mode", in which it hoards fat for energy (since food/energy supply is scarce) and on top of that, it'll burn muscle and things you don't want to lose for energy.

Best of luck, and stay beautiful. :)

As your body adjusts to so severe a calorie restriction, it will go into "starvation mode," where it will attempt to preserve your limited resources by slowing your metabolism.

This will not only slow your weight loss, it will make you feel very weak and lethargic.

Worse, you won't be able to lose weight efficiently anymore. Your body will have become accustomed to surviving on limited calories, so when you attempt to return to a normal diet, you'll be gaining weight instead of maintaining it.

90 pounds is too skinny for 5'2, a more appropriate goal would be 100 - 110 pounds. You are already underweight, and continuing to starve yourself may lead you to develop full-fledged anorexia, which can have devastating effects on both your health and your appearance.

Ok, number one, it is not safe to only eat that much in a day. It will screw with your metabolism. What you should do is figure out your basal metabolic rate, and go from there in order to figure out how many calories you should eat in a day. Safely, you should only lose three pounds a week. What you are doing is not safe. Weighing 90 pounds at that height is not a bad thing, that is not fat at all. To weigh 80 pounds would make you look disgustingly thin

• Sarah

That's gross. You are already underweight for you height, someone 5 feet should be 100 pounds. Do you want people to think you have an eating disorder? If you continue to eat like that you will get sick, you will mess up your hole entire body and you'll have a lot of problems later on in life. Get smart, use your brain.

• enjoy

OMG! What is wrong with you guys? Is 90 pounds too little for someone 5'2"? I don't know, does a bear S---T in the woods? Of course that is too little and for anyone who says differently, they're nuts too. Try getting a book on the human body and find out how it works. You better do it quickly though, because you won't be around for too much longer if you keep on doing what you're doing with your food.

Source(s): trainer
  • Josh C

Holy crap...

First off 5'2" 90 pounds? Why are you trying to lose weight at all?

Secondly, 300 calories a day will kill you. To lose weight in a HEALTHY fashion you need to limit yourself to 1,200 calories a day. No less or your body starts to eat itself (not the fat) and you get sick.

Stop starving yourself and eat a damn sandwich!

300 calories per day ..is too less a diet intake ..a normal requiremnt for a healthy individual with a sedentary lifestyle is 1400 Kcal per day..u will definately face a lot of problems with a 300 cal diet ..u can go in for healthy foods which are not fattening..

You need to see a counselor. You know you have a eating disorder right? NO ONE should eat only 300 calories a day.

i ate 300 calories a day for two weeks and i lost 15 lbs [currently 155 lbs] but wow your're already at a very reasonable weight for your height why lose more?