Does anyone know if the Bloody Mary thing is true?

Okay so ever since I was a small child I've always heard about the "Bloody Mary" thing that involves the mirror and stuff. I heard that if you lock yourself in the bathroom in complete darkness and say her name a number of times that she will show up in the mirror and that the mirror will sometimes turn red and stuff. Is it true?

Update:

Bloody Mary is a nickname for Queen Mary I--y'know the lady who wanted to make England Catholic again and killed all Protestants? Well yeah I've been too

creeped out to try it....

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

Of course it works, Nancy ~Part of the VK Family~, if you are susceptible to the power of suggestion or self-hypnosis.

You see, Mary is in the grave and buried awaiting the resurrection of the dead, just like those saints raised at Christ's crucifixion.

If Mary is buried, just like David, (Acts 2:29 "Men [and] brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulcher is with us unto this day") then who is appearing to Catholics? Could it be the spirits of demons?

More on this when you read Roger Morneau's autobiography after escaping from spirit worship: http://revelado.org/cult.htm

Blessings, Ben Yeshua.

Source(s): Acts 2:34 "For David [the deceased king of Israel] is not ascended into the heavens"
  • ovies
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

No, in any different case human beings would be dropping ineffective by ability of the hour. this is kinda pathetic to homicide somebody because of the fact they did not forward your mail. somewhat egotistical me thinks. Bloody Mary became Mary I's nickname by ability of how, who became Queen a loong time in the past. So in short, i'm quite useful you're secure.

• Liz
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yeah.. No. It was a case of the telephone game gone wrong..

The original translations reads:

If thou drinkest three Bloody Marys, thou shalt end up in the water closet during darkest of night, with neither candle nor lamp...

You can see the wisdom in that...

• May
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Its so wierd after I read the steps, i admit, i AM scared to even try it o.O;

is Blood Mary a hero or somthing or a devil?

And yes, Im going to try it because I want her to come out the mirror and steal my life D:

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

the only thing I have ever heard of referred to as a bloody mary is a beer laced with tomato juice. :-)

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Nope. Tried it a thousand times in a thousand different variations. Doesnt work. Scares the sh*t out of you though.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

OH!

I thought you were talking about the morning after drink!

• 1 decade ago

I doubt it. Bloody Mary is dead.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What do you think?

You're quite obviously still a small child.

• 1 decade ago

4 years later and I'm still alive. Answer your question?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.