How to make teryaki chicken?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
do u have the recipe of teryaki chicken..i have the ready made teryaki sauce..but i cann't find any sherry/rice wine vinegar...coz its unavailable in India...so do u have a simple ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
If you already have the teriyaki sauce it's simple. Just brown the chicken pieces in a pan with a little olive oil, butter or a combination of the two. Add some sauce, but not too much, you don't want it swimming. Cover the pan and simmer for about 15-25 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken pieces. It''s done when no pink juices come out when cut. You may need to add a little more sauce or some water if the pan gets too dry. Just check it now and then.

chef 30 years

Asker's Rating & Comment

5 out of 5
hey..thanx...i will do wht u have said...i have lots of sauce but had no idea to cook with...thanx a lot
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (6)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Mayank <CHINTU> answered 5 years ago
    Hey Friend!!
    I don't know how to make it but you can find the recipe at :

http://www.5min.com/Video/Teriyaki-Chick...

These people lose and I win...I told you the easiest way..watch the video...cook and enjoy!!!

~Keep smiling :)
    • Comment
  • Nnett answered 5 years ago
    You can find recipes on http://www.fastrecipes.com
    • Comment
  • TheEditor answered 5 years ago
    The classic way?

Cut the chicken up, cut slits in the skin every inch and season with salt and pepper and brush with some oil.

Grill chicken skin side up to let the skin get crisp (the slits will let steam escape)

Take chicken off grill, slather with teryaki sauce.

This is actually the way they do it in Japanese restaurants and 'Yaki' places.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Michelle D answered 5 years ago
    Easy Chicken Teriyaki

4 boneless chicken breasts
    1 large onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick (red, white, yellow)
    1-2 large bell peppers, sliced 1/2 inch thick (red, green, I use a combination of red and green)
    1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pineapple slices
    bottled teriyaki sauce
    butter
    4 pieces heavy duty alumium aluminum foil
    salt and pepper

Place one chicken breast in center of a square of alumium foil and salt and pepper.
    Layer onion and bell pepper slices and 2 pineapple slices on top of each piece of chicken.
    Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of bottled teriyaki sauce over chicken mixture.
    Put 1 tsp butter on top of pineapple slice.
    Seal up alumium foil by folding edges together.
    Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 45 minutes. You can also put these on the outdoor grill on indirect heat. Serve with rice.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • CACTUS answered 5 years ago
    well i always, marinade the meat in garlic and ginger (ground in to paste) with some oil and pour terriyaki sauce as well. then either ot roast, or grill it.... it comes out really well... specially with some largely cut onions and some butter melted on top!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Tom ツ answered 5 years ago
    Here is my recipe

Chicken Teriyaki

Ingredients
    3 lb chicken thighs, boned and skinned
    2 inches ginger root
    1/2 cup Tamari
    1/2 cup mirin
    1 tablespoon honey
    1/4 cup sake or gin

Method
    Bone and skin the chicken thighs, keeping the meat as intact as you can.

Grind or grate the ginger, place in the center of a towel and wring out the juice.

Mix the ginger juice, soy, mirin, and sake, and marinate the chicken thighs. You may find it easier to handle by skewering the chicken thighs.

Drain the marinade, add the honey, and reduce to a syrup by boiling.

Grill the chicken thighs on medium heat, painting them with the marinade to build up a glaze when they are almost done. Don't turn your back or they may burn as the sugar in the sauce tends to caramelize too quickly.

Slice and serve. The slices should have a moist shiny glaze so save some of the boiled marinade for a final brushing before serving.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block