Permit help Please hurry!?

HI. I have a huge problem. I'm homeschooled and have gotten a job now, and have no way to work tomorrow unless I drive by myself. I'm seventeen and have had my learners permit for 2 months now. I have heard that I can drive by myself from 5am to 1am. Is this true? My state is Tennessee. Please don't answer unless you really know. Thank you very much.

you can't drive by yourself untill you get your license. your learners permit just entitles you to be able to drive with your parents or guardian in the car or someone older than 18

You need to wait a few more months to get your Intermediate license.

How long must I have a learner permit before applying for an intermediate license?

Answer: Under the GDL law, anyone under the age of 18 must have their Tennessee learner permit for a minimum of 180 days (approximately six months) before they can apply for an intermediate restricted license. The minimum age for applying for an intermediate license is 16. BOTH of these requirements must be met before a minor can qualify for an Intermediate license. For example, even if the teen has already held their permit for 180 days but has not yet turned age sixteen, they cannot get an Intermediate license yet. Similarly, just because a teen is already age sixteen, if they have not held a learner permit for 180 days, they will not qualify to get an Intermediate license until both qualifications are met.

If someone with a Tennessee learner permit gets 6 or more points on their driving record during the 180 days before applying for the intermediate restricted license, they have to continue to hold the Tennessee learner permit until their record has been clear for 180 days.

Here is what you can do once you received that liecence

What are the restrictions for drivers with an intermediate restricted license?

Answer: Seatbelt use is mandatory for all vehicle occupants (passengers age 8 and under must be in an approved child restraint device as outlined in Tennessee's New Child Restraint Law).

Those with an intermediate restricted license can only have one other passenger in the vehicle, UNLESS:

One or more of the passengers is age 21 or older and has a valid, unrestricted license;

The passengers are brothers and sisters, step-brothers or step-sisters, adopted or fostered children residing in the same house as the driver and going to and from school AND the intermediate license holder has in their possession written permission from their parent or guardian to transport their siblings.

Those with an intermediate restricted license are prohibited from driving between the hours of 11 p.m. and 6 a.m., UNLESS:

They are accompanied by a parent or guardian;

They are accompanied by a licensed driver 21 or older who has been designated by the parent or guardian. This designation must be in writing and be in the possession of the teen driver;

They are driving to or from a specifically identified school sponsored activity or event and have in their possession written permission from a parent or guardian to do this;

They are driving to or from work and have in their possession written permission from a parent or guardian identifying the place of employment and authorizing the driver to go to and from work;

They are driving to or from hunting or fishing between 4 a.m. and 6 a.m. and have in their possession a valid hunting or fishing license.

Source(s): your state DMV site,of course! http://www.state.tn.us/safety/driverlicense/gdlfaq...