Is Nintendo DS an appropriate game for a 4 year old, or is it for older children?

His grandma already bought him one, so it's too late now anyways. My wife hates the idea of it though. But the reason I'm asking is because he is starting to take more of an interest in it, so I am debating buying him a new game for Christmas. (He's had it for a few months and picked it up maybe 3... show more His grandma already bought him one, so it's too late now anyways. My wife hates the idea of it though. But the reason I'm asking is because he is starting to take more of an interest in it, so I am debating buying him a new game for Christmas. (He's had it for a few months and picked it up maybe 3 times) What do you think?
Update: This past week I have been noticing him playing it a lot more frequently, he will actually sit there for a long period of time. I think before he just pushed random buttons not knowing what to do.