how to get rid of dark circles under eyes?

i needed to know home remedies for getting rid of dark circles under eyes i have this frm many years so if u could help me out with this would be good or any cream which is not vry costly and which u know anyone have already used and got rid of dark circles would also be ok

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Hi

Try ur skin color concealer or apply light rose powder which hides dark color of ur eyes wen u went outings.if u apply concealer or creams or gel.Always apply powder all over ur face which gives same color all over otherwise ur face and eyes look odd which will mismatch in color.Apply talcum or other powders makes d skin same color

If u r in home means in that time do these tips

Try one home remedy at a time to get rid of the dark circles.

Drink at least ten glasses of water everyday.

Take all precautions to avoid strain on the eyes.

Eight hours of sleep is a must for all of us, specially for people having dark circles under their eyes.

Do not leave cream on the skin around the eyes for long periods.

Remove the cream applied around the eye after 10 min. No cream should be left on the skin around the eyes for long periods.

Close your eyes and cover eyelids with slices of raw potato or cucumber for 15-20 minutes. Wash with warm water and apply a cream.

Make a 1:1 mixture of fresh potato and cucumber juices. Soak some cotton and put on your eyelids and keep for 20 minutes. Wash your eyes with cold water.

Apply a mixture of lemon and tomato juice (equal parts) on the dark circles 2 times a day.

Apply a cool tap water compress to the skin under your eyes for about 15 minutes.

Dip cotton balls in rose water or cold water and keep under the eyes for 10 minutes.

Try placing cooled chamomile tea bags over and around the eyes

I hope this wil help u a lot

Soniya Jaraika

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): One Week Acne Cure - http://AcneAway.raiwi.com/?wWDn
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Some women have dark circles if they lose a lot of blood during their menses. That along with a fibroid cyst, can cause a lot of blood loss and very dark circles. I found that after having surgery to relieve the excess bleeding, my circles are just about gone. I had the surgeries two years ago.

• Lily
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

1: Eight hours of sleep is a must for all of us, especially for people having dark circles under their eyes.

#2: Close your eyes and cover your eyelids with slices of raw potato or cucumber for 15-20 minutes. Wash with warm water and apply a cream.

#3: Grate a cucumber, squeeze to take out its juice and refrigerate. Make a mixture of lemon juice, lanolin cream and cucumber juice and apply around the eye for 10-15 minutes.

#4: Apply lemon juice on the black circles 2 times a day.

#5: Apply a paste of turmeric powder with pineapple juice for dark circles under the eyes.

#6: Apply crushed mint around the eye.

#7: Apply almond oil under eyes.

#8: Reduce your intake of vitamin A. Over dose of medications such as Retin A produces "excessive" vascularization.

#9: Niacinamide, a derivative of the vitamin Niacin, has been shown to be an effective skin lightening agent, especially for skin conditions where hyperpigmention may occur on the face or other visible parts of the body. Patients with hyperpigmentation applied a moisturizer containing five percent niacinamide. After four weeks, the hyperpigmentation and skin color were analyzed by computer and most patients experienced decreased hyperpigmentation and increased skin lightness. Topical niacinamide has also been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it a potential treatment for puffy eyes and dark circles.

#10: Almond helps to remove dark circles and is an excellent "skin food". Remove the cream applied around the eye after 10 min. No cream should be left on the skin around the eyes for long periods.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

My cousin has that and she will have them forever because thats the way she is. if this has been going on your whole life then thats just the way your body works. dark circles are caused when blood leaks out of tiny blood vessles called capillaries around your eyes, in most people thats what happens when your tired. it could be be a sign of an iron deficiency anaemia or a dietary problem but the only quick fix answer i can give you is make up

• 1 decade ago

Dark circles can treated with regular and gentle care.Cover your eyes with cotton soaked in warm milk for 15 minutes everyday to remove the dark circles around your eyes or dip cotton pads into freshly extracted mint juice, flatten them and place them on closed eyelids for 10 to 15 minutes. Check out http://usefulinfo-darkcircles.blogspot.com/ for more info.

• 6 years ago

I have tried this. Grind raw potato after peeling the skin in a mixer and apply it on eyes over cotton pads. Leave it on for 20 minutes. Listen to music and relax…it works very well. Must do it daily for at least 3 weeks.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Okay, contrary to popular belief, cucumbers, teabags and cold spoons do not get rid of under eye circles. They help get rid of puffy eyes. They don't actually do anything to your the discoloration under your eyes, they do, just a little bit, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't help at all. Actually it doesn't help period. The cucumber will only work when it is COLD. You're better off butting a cold cloth over your eyes..

Your circles are usually caused by bad blood flow under the eyes. Press your thumb under your eye where the bags are, if it goes white for a small moment, it means that there is bad blood flow. If it doesn't do anything, chances are, the circles are hereditary, meaning that they were passed on to you from your parents, or grandparents, etc. I had the misfortune of being born with dark circles. I've had them my whole life, and you can't really get rid of them. If you don't believe your under eye circles were passed onto you, here are some steps you can take from preventing further damage to the circles, and possibly getting rid of them.

1.) Drink LOTS of water, water washes out toxic bodily fluids in your body. It is very important to be hydrated. Carry a bottle with you, and drink a few sips even when you're not thirsty.

2.) Sleep. Adults generally need 6-8 hours of sleep, while teenagers and kids need at least 7-8 hours of sleep.

3.)Sunscreen. Sunscreen ought to be first on the list. Wearing sunscreen is EXTREMELY important. Put sunscreen on your face and under the eyes, along with your hands if you want. Harmful UV rays are always out there to get you, even when its snowing. UV rays can cause very harmful damage to your skin, and cause pre mature aging and age spots. Next time you're out, look at the old people, some of them have age spots, they're discolored marks on their faces and hands.

4.) NEVER, EVER, EVER rub under your eyes. Under your eyes is the most delicate and thinnest skin you have on your body. Rubbing the skin under there can tear and just mess up, causing more darkness.

5.) Wear sunglasses if you have to. Sunglasses will block out the UV rays and sun from the skin, especially under your eye.

6.) Stop eating salty foods. Salty foods can cause discoloration of the skin

7.) Stop smoking if you are.

8.) At night, apple a eye cream that has retinol or vitamin K in it,this will help.

9.) Some say drinking lots of cranberry juice helps.

10.) If you believe your under eye circles are hereditary, cover them up with concealer. When you apple it, especially if you do it with your fingers, PAT, DO NOT RUB. Use your weakest finger, which is the finger next to the middle finger, next to the pinky.

People usually don't care if you're a guy and you put concealer on. At least here they don't care. Buy some concealer at Walgreen or something, I recommend Cover Girl.

Some concealers are designed especially for under eye circles, so they wont clog up your wrinkles or anything.

Also, I forgot to mention, try eye exercises. These exercises may rejuvenate broken capillaries under your eyes.

Here are some...

Do them now if you want!

http://www.wikihow.com/Exercise-Your-Eyes

• 1 decade ago

best wud be good sleeping habits.... u knw proper sleep of atleast 8 hrs. avoid playing games on the computer since it puts stress on your eyes and watching t.v for long hours..... a simple remedy would be dipping cotton pads in ice cold water and putting it on ur eyes for abt 10 mins.... its really helpful.

i've got rid of dark circles this way.

bye:)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Even Oprah can't figure this one out. She's buys the best lotion, cream, make-up money can buy, but she's got the worst circles unde herr eyes.

Sleep the same amount of hours every night.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.