spiritually speaking which mantra is good for reducing anxiety?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Favourite answer

There is a small story.

A King consulted a sage for various matters. While leaving the palace sage has given two sealed covers and advised king to open and read first cover only at the time of extreme sorrow/anxiety and the second cover only when in extreme happiness.

After few years the king faced a very worst situation and was in anxiety. Suddenly he remembered the sage and opened the first cover and read. The matter written is "This is temporary & will pass by soon" Yes after few days the problem got solved and the kings anxiety disappeared.

Again after few years the king was in extreme joy. Suddenly he remembered the sage and now king opened the second cover and read. The matter inside was very same that of the first one, "This is temporary & will pass by soon".

So if we realise that all turbulant situations will be passed and temporary, our anxiety will automatically reduce.

Only thing we have to believe Almighty who is all powerful will take care of us. Pray for asking HIM to give strength.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Actually, the power of the mantra is in it's resonance.

The problem is that most people do not even know how to do that.

The most basic sound is Om, pronounced as AUM which needs to be brought into the correct resonance pattern.

To do this, you need to first sit correctly and breathe correctly.

The most basic things that you need here are to sit in a position comfortable to yourself, whether that's sitting in a chair or assuming the lotus position [for the more advanced].

Once seated, you need to make your spine erect or simply straighten your back. Shake your arms loosely, not vigorously, to get them to relax. Angle you head so that your chin points slightly upwards and you feel that the nostrils and the throat are in a straight line to lessen the restrictions of position that impedes free breathing. Now, take a deep, even breath in, counting slowly to three while you inhale. Do the same thing when you exhale. Continue this exercise till you've got it right.

Once your breath is regulated, try to focus your mind on the A as Ahhh which reverberated around the umbilical or the belly button. You'll find this a thing that needs a lot of attempts because you'll find the reverberations are near the mouth, but not at the belly button. Cary on trying till you get there. It's just a matter of relaxing and focus of your mind; so, don't worry, you'll get there sooner or later.

Next is the U sound which like an elongated ooh that needs to reverberate in the center of your chest at the solar plexus. Again, you'll find this a bit difficult to get to straight away, but, don't let that worry you, you'll get there eventually.

Finally, you have the M sound which is like muhhh and this is one that needs to reverberate at the nose, not the mouth. Like the others before, this will be tough, but, you will get it right.

Do the three sounds one after the other and establish a consonance and rhythm.

Don't worry, it comes naturally once you've got it right.

The Omkara is the most powerful mantra because it's the primordial sound, the basic representation of Existence.

After you've done this, you try the next one - Om Shanthi to give you the experience of Peace.

• beait
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Breathing exercises are great, as is a relaxing warm bath, with some essential oils.

Keep away from caffeine, and stick to a nice herbal tea, or cooled down boiled water.

Just remember to tell your self all is well with the world, and tomorrow is another day.

• 1 decade ago

First after having bath recite whichever gods name whom you love in form of bhajan or writing gods name in a book as many times you like. Next start eating food made in home, including drinking water offered to god. This will cut down the evil eye influences, thus you gain tremendous peace of mind. Follow your family priests advise or your well wishing elderly people in your family. Best of luck.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Om! Shanti Shanti Shanti !!!!!

OR Beeja Mantra given by Sadguru !!!!!

You have to practice your self at least for half ann hour to see the result.

Jai Shree Ram!!!!!!

• 1 decade ago

I like Isaiah 41:10:

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

When I'm anxious, I like to think about this verse.

Source(s): Bible, New International Version
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This goddamn country is doomed. Even Almighty can not save it, rest alone mantra! "a for apple, b for ball..." may work. Education, education and education.

• Laura
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

That would vary from person to person.

In fact, some of us focus on memories of places from our childhood, or the sound of quiet music, rather than on specific words.

• 1 decade ago

DEVOTIONAL MANTRA FOR TOTAL SURRENDER !

Source(s): CS
  • 1 decade ago

'soham'

breathe in and say 'so..'

say 'ham ' while releasing out the air

Source(s): pranayama practice derivative
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.