Which ticket should i pay? california red light camera and police officers.?

I was making a right turn on a red light. the camera flashes and a police stopped me and gave me a ticket after that. now. i got two ticket,one from the camera and one from the police officer..funny thing is .they are not the same..so .which amount should i pay?

8 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

    I recommend that you interview at least 3 or 4 Attorneys who have a great deal of successful experience experience defending people against traffic tickets.

    Give the Attorneys the facts of your case and ask them about the expected results.

    Hire the Attorney that you think is best for your case.

  • SusiQ
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    I say go to court...

    I can say it is extremely difficult to win court against a police officer (I would know) but you have something here...

    If you go to court and you expose your case, you tell the judge that you got both tickets for the same thing on the same day... I'm sure one of them would be dismissed...

    You might not get away from both but I don't think that's fair AT ALL.

    Good luck!

    Source(s): LEO
  • Ben
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    Both, unless one is dismissed by a judge. Look at the ticket and you'll probably find that there were separate, different violations. A judge can dismiss a ticket if it is in fact the same violation, however, you can't just pay one and ignore one or your license will be suspended for failure to pay the ignored ticket.

  • 1 decade ago

    If they are two separate violations (different numbers) for two different offenses, pay both.

    However, if the officer ticketed you for the exact same thing the camera caught, take both to court and ask the hearing officer to dismiss one of them.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    Pay the camera cause those are hard to contest and I have heard of NO one winning on one. They go to a contractor who takes care of those. The traffic ticket from the officer you can contest.

  • 1 decade ago

    That is a question to ask in traffic court. You may be able to clear it up by visiting the courthouse and talking to a clerk

  • 1 decade ago

    Go to Traffic court and present them with the problem. If you are asked to pay both then get an attorney.

  • 4 years ago

    Pay both.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.