Do we need to pray for jesus instead of god?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
bible says that we have to pray god through jesus. Before jesus who was working in jesus place? to whom people were praying on behalf of true god? If there was some one else before ...show more
Best Answer
My dear brother.let me make it as simple as possible for u
1.Who wrote bible?
2.Does cristians still hav te orginal copy of bible which they claim words of jesus.Please dnt think am degrading cristianity.Jesus is the most respected soul i truely accept tat but the question here is the authencity of bible.In the first place most of the cristians doesnt follow Jesus words.I hav read bible too as far as i knw,Jesus havnt asked anybody to get converted or to worship him.What jesus ask is jus Faith,Faith in him but it was his followers who asks everybody to worship him.
BEWARE:if u want to worship GOD then worship only GOD who is nameless and formless though many wld find it difficult to worship something like ths and to make worshipping one pointed all the GOD were been created.If ur going to worship jesus then u'll see only jesus not GOD
GOOD LUCK
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (9)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Shivam answered 4 years ago
    pray god! lets see who stops u!
    • 1
    • Comment
  • jaswanth_jain answered 4 years ago
    I m not sure in Bible its mentioned to pray only Jesus, he says HE is the person who can make you clear all the sins, and HE would take all the responsibilites to clear your sins and make you attain to heaven. here HE means not only Jesus for reference we are using JESUS.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • laxmi answered 4 years ago
    No.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • normymlk answered 4 years ago
    I believe that we should pray to the God, the one that created the world and created the first human on earth; Adam. Not Jesus or whoever that comes in the picture later..
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Cathy answered 4 years ago
    The Bible does NOT say that we have to pray to God through Jesus. Jesus explains clearly in the Bible how to pray. During the Sermon on the Mount (or The Beatitudes as they are well known), Jesus tells us in a whole chapter how to pray. Read Matthew 6:1-15.

Believers pray to BOTH God and Jesus. We praise and worship God, we give thanks to Jesus for our salvation. There was nobody "working" before Jesus. People prayed, praised and worshipped God. When Jesus came to earth, He came to give His life "for the sins of many". Jesus tells us that the only way to get back to God, is to go through Him. This means that we can't directly be saved by God. We must accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour first.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Jimmy answered 4 years ago
    try reading some of 1 samuel chapter one, a prophet name samuel

exodus 34: prophet name of moses

jeremiah 1, child prophet name of jeremiah

psalms prayers of david and other prophets

should shed some light on your questions

book of john, in new testament, closest friend of jesus

http://www.myspace.com/scottjim

Source(s):

bible
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • imrod answered 4 years ago
    Jesus taught his disciples to pray to the Heavenly Father. This would be in keeping with Judaism. Are you familiar with what is commonly called the Lord's Prayer: "Our Father who art in heaven..." I don't think you can go wrong praying to the Father as suggested by Jesus. However, I don't think there is a major theological problem in addressing prayers to Jesus or the Holy Spirit. I'm really not sure why this is such a concern to you.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Must answered 4 years ago
    3:33 Allah did choose Adam and Noah, the family of Abraham, and the family of 'Imran above all people,-

3:34 Offspring, one of the other: And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.

3:35 Behold! a woman of 'Imran said: "O my Lord! I do dedicate unto Thee what is in my womb for Thy special service: So accept this of me: For Thou hearest and knowest all things."

3:36 When she was delivered, she said: "O my Lord! Behold! I am delivered of a female child!"- and Allah knew best what she brought forth- "And no wise is the male Like the female. I have named her Mary, and I commend her and her offspring to Thy protection from the Evil One, the Rejected."

3:37 Right graciously did her Lord accept her: He made her grow in purity and beauty: To the care of Zakariya was she assigned. Every time that he entered (Her) chamber to see her, He found her supplied with sustenance. He said: "O Mary! Whence (comes) this to you?" She said: "From Allah: for Allah Provides sustenance to whom He pleases without measure."

3:42 Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah hath chosen thee and purified thee- chosen thee above the women of all nations

3:43 "O Mary! worship Thy Lord devoutly: Prostrate thyself, and bow down (in prayer) with those who bow down."

3:44 This is part of the tidings of the things unseen, which We reveal unto thee (O Apostle!) by inspiration: Thou wast not with them when they cast lots with arrows, as to which of them should be charged with the care of Mary: Nor wast thou with them when they disputed (the point).

3:45 Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah;

3:46 "He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. And he shall be (of the company) of the righteous."

3:47 She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, 'Be,' and it is!

3:48 "And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel,

3:49 "And (appoint him) an apostle to the Children of Israel, (with this message): "'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah's leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe;

3:50 "'(I have come to you), to attest the Law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was (Before) forbidden to you; I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord. So fear Allah, and obey me.

3:51 "'It is Allah Who is my Lord and your Lord; then worship Him. This is a Way that is straight

3:52 When Jesus found Unbelief on their part He said: "Who will be My helpers to (the work of) Allah?" Said the disciples: "We are Allah's helpers: We believe in Allah, and do thou bear witness that we are Muslims.

3:53 "Our Lord! we believe in what Thou hast revealed, and we follow the Apostle; then write us down among those who bear witness."

3:54 And (the unbelievers) plotted and planned, and Allah too planned, and the best of planners is Allah.

3:55 Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.

3:56 "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

3:59 The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was

004.157 That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of God";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

5-110 Then will God say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Recount My favour to thee and to thy mother. Behold! I strengthened thee with the holy spirit, so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel and behold! thou makest out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My leave, and thou breathest into it and it becometh a bird by My leave, and thou healest those born blind, and the lepers, by My leave. And behold! thou bringest forth the dead
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Neil answered 4 years ago
    Before Jesus, they prayed to God the father but there was still the problem of sin. And it is said without the shedding of blood there can be no forgiving of sin. There were a lot of offerings they had to do for that. The main offering was to sacrifice a lamb on passover and God would accept their prayers. But all that was a foreshadowing of the real lamb, Jesus so we don't have to do that anymore.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock