Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)Italian Football (Soccer) · 1 decade ago

Who is a Trequartista in football and what is his role? Can you give me some famous examples?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

He is a player who is fielded just behind the strikers- Alessandro Del Pierro is such a player and i think Antonio Cassano is the best in Italy just now. They are not out and out strikers and they bring an element of fantasy to the game- invention, a bit of tackling and defence splitting passes.

• 1 decade ago

It's an offensive midfielder, I give you an example Kaka Totti Snejder Gourcuff, sometimes also Nasri are Offensive players that can play in that role

• 1 decade ago

A trequartista is an attacking midfielder or a second striker. English speakers call this players a "playmaker", in argentina they are called "enganche". They play in the hole between their midfield and the oppositions defense.

The most famous trequartistas are Robert Baggio and Diego Maradona.

Currently some of the best trequartistas are Zidane, Diego, and Cassano

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A Trequarista is pretty much an attacking midfielder. In English, we call it a playmaker who puts in all those beautiful balls for the strikers to latch onto and finish elegantly. Most of the time, the strikers get all the praise, but no one really notices the Treqaurtista UNLESS they made a REALLY sexy play. To be a trequartista, you dont really defend too much, but u do control the tempo of the game. The faster you move, the faster the game is because u control your team's plays. Also, a Treqaurtista HAS to be someone with alot of technical ability. He/she needs to be good with control and HAS TO BE ABLE to dribble and break people's ancles. But overall, he/she needs to play perfectly timed through balls and spread play instead of keeping it in one area. Some current examples are Sneijder, RIQUELME (one of the best ever!), Totti, Xavi/Iniesta (They have to be together, its like a 2 for 1 deal XD), Diego, Ronaldinho (but he's not as good as his prime in 05/06), and Kaka are the best current examples I can think of. Hope that helps!

PS. Without a Trequartista, a team usually lacks creativity....UNLESS they have some gifted players that are not attacking midfielders.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Ricky Wilson from the Kaiser Chiefs. I don't wanna be like a man or anything but he's just so hilarious and i would love to have such a sense of humor <3 i like candy so -star-

• 1 decade ago

Trequartista is the player who is just behind the strikers, for example: Diego,Kaka,Gourcuff, Cassano,Del piero,Totti

Source(s): But the best in that position is Diego
  • 1 decade ago

It is the attacking midfielder of a team, most specifically the Argentine National team. Juan Roman Requilme was their last Trequartista, and because they do not have one as good as he was they struggled in qualifying.

• 1 decade ago

Inter fan pretty much said it all !

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.