Can you help me with this problem ?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Hi everyone sorry for bothering you. how are you all. I've got a little bit confusion in English not vary big for you for me so here it is I want to know about this sentences ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
holy cow and holy crap are just exclamations, like "oh my gosh!" or other 4 letter words. Holy cow is the cleaner of the two.

Here we go - It could mean anything about starting something. Not necessarily going anywhere, just starting something fun or new or exciting.

There you go - has different nuances. It depends on the tone of voiceyou say it in. It can mean - you're right. Another nuance is when a person does some sort of irritating behavior in front of you, and you say to them - there you go - meaning, you're doing THAT sort of behavior again. Like someone picking his nose, or a person who cries a lot.

There you go can also be an exclamation when someone leaves for a long trip or adventure.

Asker's Rating & Comment

2 out of 5
thank you so much somebody i think you are that one buddy who's i'm searching for sorry for mistake
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (2)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • railbuff answered 4 years ago
    What you call "conversational pronunciation" is incorrect pronunciation.
    "gonna" means "going to" - say "going to"
    "wanna" means "want to" - say "want to"
    "gotta" means "got to" - say "got to" (with an auxiliary verb.
    "I have got to do this before my English test on Friday."

Your obvious competence in spelling and grammar makes me wonder why you feel comfortable using such patois. I'm not saying it is necessarily wrong to use it - but it contributes to the impression you give the world of yourself.

Source(s):

retired teacher
    • 1
    • Comment
  • face1394 answered 4 years ago
    im confused... i think gotta is got to or have to, not have got to. that doesnt sound as good. mayb also going to. because i believ "got" is in the past ense but gotta referes to the future... so it mite be going to.

Source(s):

english.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock