• Society & Culture >
  • Religion & Spirituality
  • Society & Culture >
  • Religion & Spirituality

What your religion teaches you about woman as a Mother?

• Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
As per Shakta philosophy of hinduism, God is Mother shakti.

Women as Mother is regarded as Goddess shakti in hinduism

Asker's Rating & Comment

5 out of 5
agree and thanks
  • Comment

Other Answers (16)

Relevance
  • Relevance
  • Rating
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • ozzie s answered 5 years ago
    Well number one religion does not teach about being a mother, or at least it should not teach about it. How to be a mother is written in the Bible.This is where we need to get our info. about how to be a mother. It is all over in the Bible. There are so many places, Like Psalms 113:9. That is a start.
    • Comment
  • Texas Hill Country Christian answered 5 years ago
    WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT MOTHERS
    Mother is adored in each part of the universe. Even the Lord give due respect to the mother. The great epic 'Bible' also throws light on the place of mother in the life of a human being. What 'Bible' says about mother is...

Gen 3:20
    Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.

Exo 20:12
    "Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.

Lev 19:3
    "Each of you must respect his mother and father, and you must observe my Sabbaths. I am the LORD your God.

Deu 5:16
    "Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you.

2 Ki 4:30
    But the child's mother said, "As surely as the LORD lives and as you live, I will not leave you." So he got up and followed her.

Prov 10:1
    The proverbs of Solomon: A wise son brings joy to his father, but a foolish son grief to his mother.

Isa 66:13
    As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem."

Ezek 16:44
    "Everyone who quotes proverbs will quote this proverb about you: "Like mother, like daughter."

Luke 1:43
    But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

Luke 2:51
    Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart.

John 19:26-27
    When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, "Dear woman, here is your son," and to the disciple, "Here is your mother." From that time on, this disciple took her into his home.
    • Comment
  • SHEO S answered 5 years ago
    As per mythological women resemble nature. Women are more nearer to nature than a man. A woman has more strength (inner strength) than a man. As per Brahma- Puran whole creation (including Brahma,Vishnu & Mahesh) has been created by Mahadevi.
    • Comment
  • Mammal answered 5 years ago
    It teaches that it is better than man as a mother. By the way, nice breasticals.
    • Comment
  • goodluckwithhat answered 5 years ago
    Mothers should be honored like the Blessed Mother is honored.
    • Comment
  • An old Star Blazers fan answered 5 years ago
    Titus 2:4-5

Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.
    • Comment
  • Amirul answered 5 years ago
    in islam, because i'm a muslim, it teaches its followers that mother is the supremest title after god and His messengers. as long as her orders don't contradict with what are taught in islam, mother should be respected more than the father. it is said in one story during prophet muhammad's history, someone came to prophet muhammad and asked, between my father and my mother, who should i give my respect more?
    prophet muhammad answered, your mother.
    and that person asked him again, after that (hoping for the father)?
    and he asked again for the third time, after that, who?
    he asked for the forth time, and then?
    prophet muhammad replied, your father.

it shows that islam regards mother 3 times better and higher than the father. this is because, mother had faced many difficulties and pains compared to the father. she was the one who carried us around with her on this earth for 9 months (more or less), and she was also the one who brought us to this world. thanks mom.

so i hope this would help you to gain more knowledge about islam and the status of the woman in islam. may god bless you.
    • Comment
  • zahida shireen answered 5 years ago
    The Quran

1. "We have enjoined on man kindness to his parents; in pain did his mother bear him, and in pain did she give him birth" (46:15).

2. "Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honor. And out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say: ‘My Lord! bestow on them Thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood' "(17:23-24).

It is narrated by Asma bint Abu Bakr that during the treaty of Hudaibiyah, her mother, who was then pagan, came to see her from Makkah. Asma informed the Messenger of Allah of her arrival and also that she needed help. He said: Be good to your mother (Bukhari, Muslim).
    • Comment
  • Harman answered 5 years ago
    Sri Guru NANAK DEV JI - ''So kyun manda akhiyen jin jamme jan rajaan''
    Means- Why we criticise a woman, who gave birth to big emperors
    • Comment
  • what your religion teaches you about woman as a Mother?
    Sign in 

to add your answer

• Avdhnimi answered 5 years ago
    Every Woman is a form of God.....Not every woman only.....but God is in every particle....

And Mother is God....

HARE KRISHNA
    Visit: www.avdhnimi.webs.com
    • Comment
  • arun s answered 5 years ago
    IN hindus and sikhs
    Mother and mother land (where we born)are like a heaven , we can do anything to save motherland .
    same our mother ommites our all tiredness and problems from us .
    Love your mother ,
    • Comment
  • 5 answers hidden
  • Tiller answered 5 years ago
    the christian bible clearly states men can sell their daughters into slavery, so i doubt the mothers are ever taken into consideration....hell....she's not even allowed to speak in church
    • Comment
  • Matthew answered 5 years ago
    She gives birth to her children.
    • Comment
  • Meet uncle Herbert answered 5 years ago
    no religion teaches me anything, common sense says I shot right out of her ****
    • Comment
  • Guru answered 5 years ago
    sikhism
    without her, there would be no life:D
    • Comment
  • Bubbles™ answered 5 years ago
    Not sure about your question...
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Total answers: