Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBotany · 1 decade ago

Why killing plants does not come in nonveg?

We say that eating nonvegetarian means killing animals and eating them...and when we eat only veg that means plants, green leafy veg, etc., dont we kill plants? so why that does not come in nonveg category? i dont eat nonveg and tell others that dont kill animals just for eating them, but when they ask me that why do u kill plants, i have no answer...so why is it that killing animals n eating means nonveg and killing plants n eating means veg, n the fact is that we kill both?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

You definitely have some points but over all eating plants is a better way than eating animals as it causes less harm to the planet and definitely less cruel. I will give some arguments in support of my view.

Plants—unlike animals—are insentient beings void of central nervous systems, lungs, hearts, kidneys, intestines, blood, ears and eyes. They do not defecate or urinate, and have no ability to feel pain or experience a plethora of emotions. Nobody screams in horror when their neighbors are mowing the grass either (grass is a plant too). But if our neighbors were slicing pigs into pieces on the front lawn, there would be tears, physical interventions and the proper authorities would be summoned to stop the bloodshed. Plus, if people honestly believe it's wrong to eat plants, they could always choose the ultra-vegan lifestyle of fruitarianism (eating the fruits and nuts that fall from

Furthermore, meat-eating societies destroy more plants than vegan ones. In America, 70-80 percent of crops (corn, wheat, oats and soy) are fed to the 10 billion land animals who are killed annually. Worldwide, 60-70 percent of the plants are fed to around 50 billion land animals. So if humans stopped eating flesh, then fewer plants would be harvested and less land would be used/destroyed as well. Veganism is still the ONLY answer to this issue because fewer beings (sentient and insentient) would die if humans – who are physiologically herbivorous anyway – ate plants directly. Even The Council for Science, Technology and Agriculture, a group of animal ag people, stated in the early 90s that all the crops in America could feed every human on this planet if plants were consumed directly.

There's a Law of Reciprocity in existence and this is shown via the seed that all fruits of plants (including trees) contain! What is removed is replaced in Nature. When you kill an animal, LIGHTS OUT! That's it! Animals don't contain seeds within them that allow for 100 more creatures to return in their stead.

• 1 decade ago

Plants - No blood, No Flesh, No senses, No emotions = Food

Animals - Blood, Flesh, Senses, emotions = Not Food.

• kullas
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

<<If abortion is criminal, then how come international places that permit it evaluate killing a fetus a homicide ?>> basically with the aid of fact something it criminal does no longer mean this is nice. <<If abortion is criminal then we would desire to continuously assume that fetus isn't a human.>> there's a reason you could no longer spell 'assume' with out '***'. people who assume too lots finally end up making asses of themselves. <<yet in international places snip homicide, how come?>> does not make sense, does it - and yet, there you're advocating human beings only assume the government is suitable! <<the competition of the female, being criminal, and the scientific technique isn't excuse neither a difference. So that's the two the two are homicide or the two are actually not. good ?>> incorrect! <<Marc, in line with danger you're too identity**t to appreciate the question and placed the respond "no longer">> advert hominem assaults harm your credibility. in line with danger Marc, like me, does not see too lots interior the way of credibility whilst reading your question. <<mnwomen you're snip isn't homicide.>> The term "fetus" actually skill "the greater youthful interior the womb". The fetus IS a residing man or woman. life starts off at concept, no longer start nor some arbitrary evaluate between. for this reason, each abortion constitutes the homicide of an unborn man or woman. <<no rely if this is no longer human then killing this is no longer a homicide.>> however the fetus IS human. for this reason, abortion IS homicide. <<No difference between snip and stupid mind's eye.>> what's so narrow minded approximately acknowledging the unborn for the residing human beings they are? with the aid of fact which you're actually unable to try this, does not that propose your innovations is in actuality greater narrow than mine? <<Billy, did you snip man or woman no longer 2.>> That basically is going to tutor how schizophrenic human institutions could be - and you like to assume such an company (the government) is suitable.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.