Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareAdd-ons · 1 decade ago

hi I want to buy a graphics card. my mother board model is PNMCP73V &my ram is 1GB DDR2 .?

my budget is rs 3500 - 5000 my mother board already has an inbuilt graphics [ GEFORCE 7050 ]

• dik b

You are asking about card prices in India, which is probably something it might be easier for you to do than me. I can point you in the right direction as to which cards might be within your price range but it is strictly a guess.

As you are running a Nvidia based board already that is a decent starting point. A recent chipset such as the one listed here:

http://www.mercury-pc.com/product-detail.php?link=...

tells me that you have a PCI-Express x16 slot onboard and can use just about any graphics card that your power supply will support. Good and gooder.

AS to which one I will suggest either a Nvidia card of the 9500 or 9600 series or the Radeon 4650 or 4670. These should all be in the ball park or cricket ground of what you are asking for in terms of performance and price. May well be a bit more or a bit less. They will all give you much better graphics performance than the current IGP on your board.

Good luck.

Source(s): 10 years building systems.

Start by upgrading your ram to 2gb which is the largest amount your motherboard can take. If you have enough in your budget, look for an Nvidia 9 series with 1gb of ram. This will be an improvement on what you have already whilst keeping your machine up-to-date for the next couple of years by which time you will have to start looking at upgrading your motherboard or purchasing a new computer purely because of your ram limitations.

• lappin

Ugh, for the billionth time human beings, stop thinking in terms of memory WITH VIDEO enjoying cards! you could have a p.c.. of junk like a Radeon 4350 with 1GB and it will get trashed with the aid of a quicker video card with much less memory, ie, a 512MB Radeon 4870. That being pronounced, according to probability you could desire to define "no longer high priced", because does not let us know plenty. $50? $a hundred? effective one Arvind. tell him a variety call and no different info. What fully ineffective education. Vega, is this 2006? The 8 sequence is previous, previous, and quite often out of date. Why purchase previous crap once you may get something greater useful?

• C-Man

Here are the best graphics cards in each price range:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gaming-gr...

In your price range, probably an ATI Radeon 4670, ATI Radeon 5670 or Nvidia GT240 are the best cards which will run on a standard 300W power supply. You'll have to check prices locally. More powerful graphics cards might require power supply upgrade as well.

The Radeon 4650, GeForce GT220 and GeForce 9500GT are decent low-cost choices.

Hi, there are a lot of graphic cards available in the market but NVIDIA is the best graphics card with an amazing display quality. better go for it even though it is some what costly.