Why is Hinduism called Sanatan Dharma ?

The real name of Hinduism is Sanatan Dharma, the eternal religion. The word hinduism is given by other people due to hindus living beyond the river Sindhu, hence called hindus

Why is hinduism, the eternal religion (Sanatan Dharma)???
Update: Tender Coconut : you wrote -it is mr shivam's new avatar 'sanatana dharma'. indira is india, india is indira. similarly shivam is sanatana dharma, sanatana dharma is shivam. WRONG ! what i meant is no one is bigger than Sanatan Dharma. Shivam is just a drop who is lost in ocean of sanatan... show more Tender Coconut : you wrote -it is mr shivam's new avatar 'sanatana dharma'. indira is india, india is indira. similarly shivam is sanatana dharma, sanatana dharma is shivam.

WRONG ! what i meant is no one is bigger than Sanatan Dharma. Shivam is just a drop who is lost in ocean of sanatan dharma

I am not on top - Sanatan Dharma is on top
Update 2: Radhakrishnan ji : Sanatan does not mean old. Sanatan means that remains forever.
Update 3: TC: wow ! (my cheeks red with shame). I dont deserve this. But i am thankful to you cutie
7 answers