Can anyone recomm. fact/fiction re: Black women's lives, late 18th-early 20th cent.,...?

...in New Orleans & Oklahoma? Thanks! I'm researching the lives of African American women in the years from 1790 - 1914. I can gather insight from novels or history books, but I'd like to get as much insight as possible. Specifically, I'm trying to understand life for a mixed ancestry woman... show more ...in New Orleans & Oklahoma? Thanks!
I'm researching the lives of African American women in the years from 1790 - 1914. I can gather insight from novels or history books, but I'd like to get as much insight as possible. Specifically, I'm trying to understand life for a mixed ancestry woman (quadroon/octoroon) in late 18th - late-19th century New Orleans and that of a Black woman in late 19th - early 20th century Oklahoma.