Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

Are torrents harmful?

Are they??????

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

some are but you can check user comment people tell us whether they have virus or not. I like torrent better than other p2p site like limewire. Download bittorrent program to download torrent

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Bill
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

A torrent is just a protocol and file format to allow multiple people to share large files. Many torrents are 100% legal and legitimate. Sadly, a torrent may be used for nefarious purposes. If some jerk out in the world attached a virus to the file it would make an EXCELLENT means to spread the virus. The file could have been replaced with a completely different file that breaks the torrent program. There are torrent files out there that are just plain bad.

So, are all torrents bad. No they are not. May torrents be harmful to your computer? Oh lord yes.

• 1 decade ago

Torrent files themselves are not... they can only launch a BitTorrent client. The stuff you download using your BitTorrent client can be harmful if it contains viruses, spyware, or malware. Use at your own risk.

• 1 decade ago

Youre just being stupid? Aren't you????

Source(s): OH MY GOD I MUST BE TIRED I THOUGH YOU SAID TERRORISTS WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME LOL SORRY!
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.