Do you believe in the concept of having a best friend?

I dont believe in it because in life people keep coming and going, we dont know how long we would be together,sometimes separation is inevitable.Such being the case,sticking to someone as best friend doesnt help since you're bound to have emotional attachment and that would prevent you from making friends or... show more I dont believe in it because in life people keep coming and going, we dont know how long we would be together,sometimes separation is inevitable.Such being the case,sticking to someone as best friend doesnt help since you're bound to have emotional attachment and that would prevent you from making friends or prevent them from getting closer to you because you'll always tend to think "He is my best friend and if someone else takes over his position, its a big betrayal to him", so even though in the heart of you hearts you have stop having that best friend image, you still try to have it and it becomes a huge burden to you as well as the other person concerned.

Also "best friend" throws up huge expectations,so if one fails to do something or the other ,its considered as big act of negligence and ignorance.It also throws jealousy around among others as that could make them feel a bit alienated.The worst is when you have a best friend and when you find that there is some other person who could possibly take over that position,that person would feel the biggest disappointment and betrayal done to him(and rightfully so)

So no best friends for me, everyone is treated equals.Having said that,I have priorities but then I'll see to it that everyone gets their due that they are entitled to have