flint asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

what is the right way to accept a gift?

my birthday is coming up, and everytime someone gives me a gift i always feel awkward accepting it. dont get me wrong im definitely thankful but i'm usually just like "whooaa thanks" and then there's this uncomfortable moment between the giver and i.

Graciously usually works well.ie..Thank-you how very kind of you to remember.

you say thank you, I really appreciate it, you didn't have to ya know? but I'm glade you did! Lol all a gift giver wants is for you to appreciate the gift.If you feel awkward just say I feel so embarrassed about you or y'all making such a fuss over me, but thanks.

• do as the 1st said, and follow up with a simple thank you card telling them what you liked about it or how you used it-- or just a simple thanks for the ____!

just say something like "Oh, you remembered! Thank you so much!"

Honor yourself --- just say "thank you."

I usually just say "thanks numbnuts"