9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Sample Career Path

LEVEL 1 Astronaut Trainee

EARNINGS $83,000 to $92,000 a year

REQUIREMENTS • Advanced education and expertise in a scientific or engineering field (CSA receives thousands of applications for only a few positions, so you need to be among the best in your field)

• High level of physical fitness

• Clean bill of health

• Meet height restrictions

• Good hearing and eyesight

RESPONSIBILITIES Training to be an astronaut: learning about flying in space, operation and repair of equipment, first aid, space science, operational communications; maintaining physical fitness.

LEVEL 2 Working Astronaut

EARNINGS $92,000 to $114,000 a year

REQUIREMENTS • Completion of NASA Astronaut Basic Training Program, or equivalent

• Clean bill of health

RESPONSIBILITIES Supporting others (team members) who are flying in space; maintaining physical fitness and continuing to train on equipment; awaiting flight assignment.

LEVEL 3 Senior Astronaut

EARNINGS $114,000 to $163,000 a year

REQUIREMENTS • Completion of a spaceflight

• Clean bill of health

RESPONSIBILITIES Participating in spaceflights; conducting scientific experiments in space; supporting others (team members) who are flying in space when you’re not; maintaining physical fitness and continuing to train on equipment; awaiting next flight assignment.

Source(s): www.careercruising.com
  • hobin
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Astronaut Salary

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Not that much, it is a on the upper end of an engineers salary, up to $100,000 per year, really astronomic salaries are only paid to bank managers (especially after they nearly ruined the bank that employs them).

• 6 years agoReport

Wow, how much time did u spend on that joke?

• 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/ddv49

I don't think they'd get paid an hour, it would be more of a monthly or yearly thing and it would concern a lot of cash haha

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 years ago

you think Astronaut is a bus driver,

being a Astronaut is a life ambition it,s a serves.

• 10 years ago

They earn a new life when they come back to earth safely! More than what they actually need!

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

well i think they don't earn much but they receive much of care from the services provided from the government.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I don't know, but I would rather get money instead of salary, tomatoes, or whatever.

• 10 years ago

not sure but i know its out of this world!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.