Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 10 years ago

Hair tips for Monsoon!!?? Plz help?

I have good hair, but wana make sure they stay soft, healthy n silky in rains. Any tips, product recommendations?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hair is hygroscopic which means it absorbs moisture from the air. So, you need to use a good serum to lock your cuticles that avoids your hair from soaking in excess moisture in the air."

For curly and dry hair: After shampooing your hair, apply a leave-in conditioner that is mixed with a drop of thick creamy serum. This acts like a coat, preventing the moisture in the air from being absorbed and your hair remain frizz free.

For oily hair/scalp: Use a good shampoo formulated for oily scalps. Gently massage your scalp for two to three minutes while applying shampoo, then leave it untouched for few minutes and rinse off till your hair feels squeaky clean.

A good conditioner is a must. If you have fine hair, apply a spray-on serum so that it coats the hair and avoids it from absorbing moisture in the air. Wash your hair atleast every alternate day.

For normal hair: You should also also follow this three step hair care regime - shampooing, conditioning, and using a good styling or hair care product.

• 5 years ago

Here are some tips which you should follow for caring hair in monsoon

1. Tone down the use of hair-styling products

2. Keep your hair dry

3. Use a mild shampoo

4. Watch your Diet

5. Conditioning regularly is vital

Drink plenty of water

Oil your hair at least once a week

Use wide-toothed comb

Don’t tie your hair when it’s wet

Pat your hair dry before using a blow dryer

Do not share combs

Go for short hair cuts if your hair is long

• Amy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I have hair that's in between curly and straight. So it is always frizzy, unless I follow this and it works well! STEP 1: Make sure you're using the correct products. Keep an eye out for moisturizing ingredients such as avocado oil, almond oil, aloe and vitamins A, E and B. Steer clear of sodium laureth sulfate and tea laurel sulfate; two drying and damaging detergents. STEP 2: Use the appropriate tools. Make sure that hair is prepped with heat safe styling products and blow dry hair with a vented round ceramic brush with boar bristles. STEP 3: Choose a good finishing product. Shine boosting sprays or drops containing silicone are wonderful ways to seal in moisture. Just remember to use them sparingly and keep them away from the roots of your hair. The goal is too look polished, not greasy.

• :D
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

Actually, rain is supposed to be good for your hair. It's because it's pure water, unless you live in a highly polluted area. My hair usually ends up looking nice and shiny and it feels soft after I've been in the rain.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Dear friend

This link can you help more. Just visit it.

http://www.boddunan.com/miscellaneous/51-general-r...

• 10 years ago

Cover your hair, and if you cant, have a hair mask worn every time you move out.

• Viola
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

Don't over-condition your hair, as humidity in the air plus too much conditioner will make it heavy and cause it to lose 'bounce.'

Answer mine please?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ag6uC...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.