Is there any medicine for chronic constipation?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
i suffer from chronic constipation. i cannot pass stool by my effort. when my system forces evacuation, it will be very sudden and i can not hold for more than one or two minutes.it ...show more
Best Answer
In very nutshell I suggest you to change your lifestyle and food habits.
Increase fluid intake substancially and have Highfibre diet.Beans,corn,fruits are are good source of fibre.There are ready prep in marcket like "LACTIFIBRE AND CREMADIET".Start taking them as well.

If you are on laxative since long then gradually withdraw it and increase as above.
Do not be shy if and when u have desire to pass faeces,just rush to toilet leaving ur work in hand.

Last advice-Do not expect immediate result but u will get rid of ur problem gradually if u follow above advice.
You should consult Doc to rule out organic cause.
Have happy morning.

Source:

I am gastroenterologist.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (6)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • SRINIVASAN R answered 4 years ago
    Medicines will not cure your disease. You need to change your food habits. Try to take vegetarian foods, liquid foods. Add a banana in your menu.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ? answered 4 years ago
    control your obvious cheese addiction
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Dhananjaya B answered 4 years ago
    If U can take some pains in Ur diet, I think U can out-beat Ur age-old constipation problem once for all.
    Comply with all the stipulated instructions most scrupulously like rituals for the best results without any cost and no side effects.

Ur constipation can be cured 100% subject to Terms and Conditions.
    Terms and conditions.

1.As and when u get up from bed, in the early morning, just take 2 glasses of plain water. and then 2 hours after breakfast/lunch take one glass of water every one hour. Finish ur dinner before sunset;so that u can give rest of 12 hrs., to ur digestive system for the fecal matter to move down ur intestines for its total purge.
    2.Avoid completely salt, baking soda, bakery products, cooked foods, pizzas, burgers, mutton and non-veg, deep freezed and deep-fried food items like McDonald’s pork, KFC chicken and such other similar foods; until U get free defecation... .

3.include in ur diet, half-pound rice, sprouted green gram, horse gram,beans, soya beans; black salt, butter milk, wheat powder without filtering/sieving of out bran; green juice, raw vegetables, like tomato, spinach, coriander leaves, hybiscus esculantus/lady's finger, etc.
    4. A diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, beans, and seeds provides thousands of micronutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that can help protect against cancer, heart disease, and Alzheimer’s disease, among other conditions, experts say.

the more u follow like rituals, u can out beat not only constipation, but also cancer., hiv/aids, diabetes and all other modern diseases. with best wishes.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • TSW answered 4 years ago
    Remove any dairy from your diet.

6 to 8 prunes at 6:00 pm and 4 oz of prune juice .

and a couple glasses of water between that time and bed time.

Should soften by morning.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • sky answered 4 years ago
    here is the link at vitacost you can get the best prices on natural stuff( better then your local health store), you can try triphala, swiss kriss and magnesium the powder you dissolve in hot water, etc etc

read online about each of them and make sure you read the reviews of people who buy the stuff.

there is more in that website, but I have only used these three and remember, everybody is different so your body may need more or less then the recommended dosage.

if you will be taking these long term or not I recommend you take some kind of good bacteria like plain yogurt or acidophilus supplement.

Source(s):

• Rate
    • Comment
  • Ginny Jin answered 4 years ago
    Slippery elm, Aloe Vera, Liquid fibre, prune juice
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS