Hinduism:interesting story and connected question about Lord Shiva can anyone help?

Once an asura (demon) was performing severe penances in order to please Shivan because he wanted a boon from Him . He was giving flesh from his body into the sacrifical fire just as the asura was going to cut off his head to please Shivan ..Lord Shiva appeared out of the fire and asked the asura what boon he... show more Once an asura (demon) was performing severe penances in order to please Shivan because he wanted a boon from Him .
He was giving flesh from his body into the sacrifical fire
just as the asura was going to cut off his head to please Shivan ..Lord Shiva appeared out of the fire and asked the asura what boon he wanted
the asura replied give me a boon that anyone whose head I shall place left my palm on shall die immideately ..just as Shivan gave the asura this boon .The asura trying to be over smart tried to place His palm on Shiva Himself . why did Lord Shiva take refuge in Lord Vishnu after this ? after all Lord Shiva is God ! God has no death so even if the asura placed the palm on Maha Sivan's head he would not have died becase He is God ...
can anyone solve the doubt?

so Vishnu assumed the form of a travelling Bramachary and appeared before the asura ...
the asura was searching for Shiva
the Brahmachary approached the asura and asked Him " what are you searching for please tell me "
the asura narrated the whole episode and concluded by saying " ..so he gave me such and such a boon and when I wanted to try it o Him He disappeared ,I am searching for Him"
the Brahmachary advised the asura " if you want to know wether the boon is working why not place your plam on your own head and see if it works?"
the foolish asura not stopping to think even for a second placed his palm upon his own head and as a result of the boon fell dead immeadiately ...so why did Lord SHiva seek refuge ..even though He is God and God has no death ???
Update: first of all odampully thanks for answering ! and no just don't create such silly fights here ..there created just to tease God ...if they did that they are no better than atheists !
Update 2: poondiji namaskar ! thanks for answering my question ! wow nice answer !! Sir you have answered my next question also I wanted to ask what is om as per what Skandha guru taught Shivan !!!!thanks again!!! =)
Update 3: somadeva:.right now you have already made an assumption that I am a vaishnava ...its only small minded people like you who make such classifications without seeing the big picture ...go read purusha suktham ..you will know who is God .....once you have understood that you would know the power of God and will stop... show more somadeva:.right now you have already made an assumption that I am a vaishnava ...its only small minded people like you who make such classifications without seeing the big picture ...go read purusha suktham ..you will know who is God .....once you have understood that you would know the power of God and will stop talking such things like vaishnava ,shaiva ,etc !
Update 4: oh my gosh !!please don't misunderstand me !! lol =) ...I just asked out of curiosity I don't see any difference between Shiva or Vishnu!!.please please
Update 5: Sri Vidhyarajagopalan Sir :Nmaskaram thank you for answering my question .very informative answer!thanks !
Update 6: @somadeva :yeah ok ..I am a muslim troll now go away !!
Update 7: ok I think I must leave ..because most of them here think I am a troll ..maybe they have also cursed me within their minds only in the past ...ok I don't want to thought of like that especially by elderly and learned people ...if a Guru gets angry with his student then its not very good for the student ...thank... show more ok I think I must leave ..because most of them here think I am a troll ..maybe they have also cursed me within their minds only in the past ...ok I don't want to thought of like that especially by elderly and learned people ...if a Guru gets angry with his student then its not very good for the student ...thank you one and all for answering all my questions ..I leave these questions as open ....I think both Poondi Sir and Vidhya Sir have given me good answers and both their answers gave me full information !!they are the best ! thanks again! cya!
Update 8: ok I thought I would quit but why should I just because a few people here think like that ..by quitting maybe other people will also think I am a troll ...the number one user in this forum itself does not think I am a troll so why should I worry ? ....ok now somadeva I nvere said Lord Shiva is living in patala... show more ok I thought I would quit but why should I just because a few people here think like that ..by quitting maybe other people will also think I am a troll ...the number one user in this forum itself does not think I am a troll so why should I worry ? ....ok now somadeva I nvere said Lord Shiva is living in patala :

I quote from the Shrimad Bhagavatham text 17 chapter 5 "description of subterrainian heavenly planets "

ato ’dhastäd vitale haro bhagavän häöakeçvaraù sva-pärñada-bhüta-gaëävåtaù prajäpati-sargopabåàhaëäya bhavo bhavänyä saha mithuné-bhüta äste yataù pravåttä sarit-pravarä häöaké näma bhavayor véryeëa yatra citrabhänur mätariçvanä samidhyamäna ojasä pibati tan niñöhyütaà häöakäkhyaà suvarëaà bhüñaëenäsurendrävarodheñu puruñäù saha puruñébhir dhärayanti.
The next planet below Atala is Vitala, wherein Lord Çiva, who is known as the master of gold mines, lives with his personal associates, the ghosts and similar living entities. Lord Çiva, as the progenitor......contd
Update 9: engages in sex with Bhaväné, the progenitress, to produce living entities, and from the mixture of their vital fluid the river named Häöaké is generated. When fire, being made to blaze by the wind, drinks of this river and then sizzles and spits it out, it produces gold called Häöaka. The demons who live on that... show more engages in sex with Bhaväné, the progenitress, to produce living entities, and from the mixture of their vital fluid the river named Häöaké is generated. When fire, being made to blaze by the wind, drinks of this river and then sizzles and spits it out, it produces gold called Häöaka. The demons who live on that planet with their wives decorate themselves with various ornaments made from that gold, and thus they live there very happily.
you also said you know the purusha sukhtam ..then you should be knowing that it is from the Rig Veda ..the vedas are not "vaishnava texts" as you say ...I never make fun of God ..still its your opinion you want to think I am a troll you are free to think ..let me tell you I am from a Brahmin family and we worship Lord Murugan ...the son of Lord Shiva ..my request to you is don't catagorise people as Shaivas and Vaishnavas ..it means that you now want to divide the public as your friends and enemies and start a fight.
Update 10: jaysihn :sorry again liberation can be got only by repeated listening to the glories of Lord ...the Shirmad Bhagvatham was written by Sri Vysa in his maturity ...he was never satisfied until he composed the Bhagavatham ...so how can you say it has does not give knowledge ? have you read it? ..there are many... show more jaysihn :sorry again liberation can be got only by repeated listening to the glories of Lord ...the Shirmad Bhagvatham was written by Sri Vysa in his maturity ...he was never satisfied until he composed the Bhagavatham ...so how can you say it has does not give knowledge ? have you read it? ..there are many spiritual dialouges in this text ..like between jada Bharata and the king Rahugana ..its gives good information ..there is also dialouges between Shukadeva muni and King parisheeth ..the second canto chapter one is entited "the first step in God realisation" and it describes beautifuly the Vishwaroopa how can it not give knowledge ..it is full of knowledge ....if you haven't read it ..please read it ...if you cannot also atleast you can hear it ..I am posting videos on youtube the whole Bhagvatham in english I have already uploaded 3 cantos I will give you the link when its complete
Update 11: every God disappear after giving boon man ....you have only misunderstood somadeva ...if you think I am a fanatic "vaishnava" what r u a fanatic "shaiva" ...there is nothing like these subdivisions ...get a grip of yourself ! ok? small minded people like you have only divided us repeatedly... show more every God disappear after giving boon man ....you have only misunderstood somadeva ...if you think I am a fanatic
"vaishnava" what r u a fanatic "shaiva" ...there is nothing like these subdivisions ...get a grip of yourself ! ok? small minded people like you have only divided us repeatedly ..wonder what they will divide us next into ?"the devotees who worship the feet of Vishnu""the devotee who worship his torso" "the devotees who worship is beautiful face" ...be
cause of furthur and furthur divisions only there is some ego in every devotee about who is "right" ..they fail to see that everyone is right ...somadeva if you are so full of knowledge tell me why do people classify themselves ..like you have labeled me as a vaishnava ...why do they classify themselves like that? the only classification was done by God at the time of creation ..as Brahmana ,khsatriya ,vaisya and shudra who are we to classify ourselves if there is any furthur classification to be done He will do it Himsef!
Update 12: there is nothing asking us to read only such and such a suktha ..is ther someadeva ? we can read whatever suktha we want ..a "vaishnava" can read a shiva suktha and "shaiva " can read a purusha suktha ...there is no hard and fast rule like that ..obviously in a shiva temple they won't tell... show more there is nothing asking us to read only such and such a suktha ..is ther someadeva ? we can read whatever suktha we want ..a "vaishnava" can read a shiva suktha and "shaiva " can read a purusha suktha ...there is no hard and fast rule like that ..obviously in a shiva temple they won't tell Vishnu slokas ..lol what logic are you using ?? ok thanks for answering anyhow ..please don't categorize people like that again ok?