car's max speed and pick up is based on which parameter torque or power....see my additional details provided.?

i m confused between 2 cars 1 is having Maximum power (Ps@rpm) 85@6000 and Maximum torque (Nm@rpm) 113@4500 and is petrol model and other 1 is having Maximum power (Ps@rpm) 75@4000 and Maximum torque (Nm@rpm) 190@2000 and is Diesel based model...which one has better pick up and better max speed and which is better 4 city and highway driving...

The ability to accelerate (i.e. your "pick up") depends on the torque, and you will see that a diesel has much better torque at low revs, which is useful in city driving, where you frequently accelerate from a standing start. However, top speed is determined by power, which is maximal in both petrol and diesel vehicles at a higher engine speed than the max torque. I don't know whether you think the petrol vehicle will be better for highway driving because of the higher power, but remember that there are speed limits. The decision between diesel and petrol engines is usually made on cost grounds. A diesel is more expensive to buy, but cheaper to run in the long term. A petrol car is slightly quieter.

• puran

Max Power Car

The first car would have better pick-up and maximum speed.

The second car has more power and torque and would be more well suited for off road use and for towing

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axrn5

Awww, thanks for the points. I read all of the details on your last one...I always read the details..or I don't answer...anyway, I agree. But I didn't really want to waste your time just saying "I agree"... Now for this question: I hate "melancholy" states...and I have an earache :(

torque help in accelaration and power helps in speed