OCTOBER17,2010 ANYTHING SPECIAL WILL OCCUR ON THAT DAY IN THE WORLD?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

You're a couple of years out of date with this one. In 2008 a blogger in India, in order to attract as many hits as possible to his blog, started spreading some ****-and-bull story about the Sun remaining in the sky for 36 hours on October 17th. I've had to delve into my Hoaxwatch files to locate this one, so I may as well reiterate all of the list by way of a warning to people not to believe everything they find on the internet.

Hoaxwatch Update

Results in so far:

August 27th 2008: Mars will appear as large as the Moon. Prediction failed.

September 10th 2008: Large Hadron Collider will destroy the world. Prediction failed.

October 14th 2008: Alien spaceship to appear. Prediction failed.

October 17th 2008: Sun to remain in the sky for 36 hours. Prediction failed.

May 15th 2009: Nibiru to become visible from Australia. Prediction failed

August 27th 2009: Mars will appear as large as the Moon (again!). Prediction failed

August 14th 2010: Sun to remain in the sky for 36 hours (again). Prediction failed

Current score: Hoaxers 0 Hoaxbusters 7.

Up next:

August 27th 2010: Mars will appear as large as the Moon (yet again)

Long term:

2012: Various ridiculous predictions too numerous to list here.

2036: Asteroid Apophis to collide with the Earth.

• 1 decade ago

That's the 400th anniversary of the the crowning of French king Louis XIII.

It's 100 years since the death of Julia Ward Howe.

It's a Christian Feast Day, for Catervus, Ignatius of Antioch, Marguerite Marie Alacoque, Rule of Andrew, and Richard Gwyn.

It's the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty.

• 1 decade ago

Newspaper publishers will find something to put on their front page, as they do every day. So in that sense there will be something special about the day.

But I don't think it will be notably different from any other front page this year.

• 4 years ago

tell the inn which you're staying at that it is there anniversary, they could positioned somewhat something interior the room for them. additionally confirm you get them Anniversary pins to positioned on, ( you may get them from targeted visitor amenities at your inn or the parks!) this form they are going to greater beneficial than possibly get a coupld loose deserts once you bypass out to consume, they could positioned on it the full trip! My sister and her husband did, and that they enjoyed deserts all week!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

sun related (36 hours), did u get any mesg. It's a rumor

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are no indications of anything astronomic happening.

• 1 decade ago

Nope. We all grow older and get closer to our deaths.

• 1 decade ago

yes

• 1 decade ago

my friend jaya's brother birthday

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.