who is paid more money a sofeware developer or a software testers?

I am working a Perl testing engineer and i also work on automation tools like QTP, winrunner. I have an experience of 4 years.

I want to know who is paid more money a software developer or a software testers

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Developer is paid a LOT more than a tester.

Tester is considered "entry level" job, then you get promoted to developer. If you've been stuck at tester for 4 years, there may be something wrong with you or your company.

(Maybe your spelling mistakes are holding you back in the eyes of your boss)

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Both streams have their own area of work. According to me, Software tester is good then developer. Software tester job has more scope now a days. You can get a higher post ion this field with good salary package.

• 1 decade ago

Developers get paid more, but not much!!!

my brother is a tester and complains about it all the time

• 1 decade ago

its a developer because a tester can only test if and only if a developer has developed software.That's y a developer gets paid more.Though both of them have almost equal pressure in their jobs,a developer has some times more to do

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I guess the developer is paid more . the more experience u have i think the more you got paid

• 1 decade ago

certainly developer not undermining tester!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.