• Society & Culture >
  • Religion & Spirituality
  • Society & Culture >
  • Religion & Spirituality

Please give me some information about Hinduism ?

• Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
What is the Correct Lesson Number & Verse number of "Na Tasya Pratima Asti"?
Update : @son of god, no you are wrong.
Update 2: @son of god, no you are wrong.
Update 3: Where is @Dr.Savita Babi?
Update 4: @Dr. Savita Babi, Are you read your holy book 'Quran' daily?
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
Good question. i will try my level best to answer your question. i will be happy if it gives you satisfaction. Now my answer.

Hinduism is an ancient religion created by maharishis, the great gurus, and great acharyas like Adhi sankara, Ramanujacharya, madhvacharya and others to show a way of life. This religion is containing rich cultures, traditions created for the people.

The main upadesa is to live in righteous way of living or following dharma. of course there are many conflicts over the religion, but now all are united and standing one umbrella. The shaivats are following their rituals and vaishanavas are doing in their way. But, all are hindus. Hinduism is based on vedas, Upanishads, agamas, Upanishads, puranas, and ithihasas. Those who follow hinduism are hindus. Hinduism is related to religion, so we call hindu religion.

Hence, the hinduism is a religion to show a way for life. If you need to know about hinduism, i mean
H--I--N--D--U--I--S--M, please read

H stands for Harmony
Hinduism respects all religions and thus aspires for mutual tolerance and respect.
Hinduism does not encourage hate or distrust.
Hinduism is intolerant of intolerance.
It does not actively seek converts.
It emphasizes conduct and not creed.
It has the capacity to assimilate all the Faiths and the Philosophies.

I for Incarnation (Avataara)
God descends to Earth in any form and under any sky as may be needed to uphold DHARMA (righteousness). There is no space, time, form or numerical limitation to Avataaras.

N for Non-Violence (Ahimsa)
Hinduism recognizes that life supports life. One should avoid causing unnecessary injury (in thoughts, words or deeds) to one-self or other fellow beings including other life forms. Vegetarianism is glorified by some Hindu sects, but never a prerequisite to be a Hindu.

D for Dharma (Righteousness)
We should always protect Dharma (support what is right). This is regarded as a necessity, because Dharma is the basis of harmonious life. If we don't support Dharma, it will be as if chopping the very branches of the tree (of life) we are resting on.

U for Unity of existence
Everything and all beings are inter connected or inter related and are essentially the manifestation or extension of the one Supreme Being. The world is one big family.

I for Inherent Value
The God is Omnipresent & Omnipotent. Both the manifest & the un-manifest are a projection of God. They are supported, directed & controlled by God as well. The God can be worshipped in any 'Form' or 'No Form'. Just as the Flag is a symbol of a Nation, an Idol for the Hindu is symbolic of the God. A Hindu worships the God enshrined in the Idol, not the idol itself.

S for Supreme Reality (Brahman)
Supreme Reality is both formless and with form, impersonal and personal, transcendent and immanent. The Supreme Reality is known by many names.

M for Moksha & Mantra
Dharma (Virtue), Artha (Material prosperity), Kama (pleasures) & Moksha (liberation from cycles of birth & death, harmonious union with God) are the goals of life.
The secondary objectives (Artha & Kama) are sandwiched between the primary objectives of (Dharma & Moksha).
Adherence to one's own inherent talents (attitudes & aptitudes) in achieving these goals is suggested.
Moksha is the ultimate goal of Hindu life.
There are numerous paths and innumerable opportunities.
It can happen by one way or the other and in one life or the other.

The various paths for Moksha include:

Karma Yoga - Selfless good deeds
Gnaana Yoga - Knowledge of Brahman
Bhakti Yoga - Faith or Devotion
Prapatti (sharNaagati) Yoga - Total Surrender
Raaja Yoga - Control of body, mind and intellect
Mantra Yoga - Union with God through repetition of a Mantra, etc.

'' Na Tasua Pratima Asti '' ..."na tasya pratima asti "means There is no image of Him. Pratima means idol and not similitude. God has no idol, that is the meaning of the verse.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/6442092/Concep...

"Na tasya pratima asti"
"There is no likeness of Him." [Svetasvatara Upanishad 4:19]3

There is only one God who is formless, creates, nurses and destroys the universe. He is Almighty and supreme, beyond description, beyond imagination and beyond calculation. He is omnipresent and omniscient. Divine qualities of Almighty God are described in eternal knowledge of Vedas. Vedas emanate direct from God. So all Hindus and others too believe in Vedas. Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh are the name of one said God. God has no wives please because He is Almighty and needs no assistance etc. No one is above God please. All religions tell to worship God.
http://www.vedmandir.com/node/152

Thanks for the opportunity !!!

Source:

Asker's Rating & Comment

5 out of 5
i not get my questions answer.
  • Comment

Other Answers (11)

Relevance
  • Relevance
  • Rating
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • PB Vasudevan answered 5 years ago
    Hinduism is not a Religion. It is a way of life. In fact Hinduism consists of many aspects, each one you can all it religion. There is Advaitha, preached by sri Sankaracharya, Vesistathdvaitha, by Ramanujacharya, and Dwaitha by Madhwadcharya. Even Sikhism is born out of the Sanathana Darma. In fact what you call Hindusim is Sanathana Dharma. That is it is based on "Vedas" and upanishads whcih is Sacrad for all the above three mentioned above. There is only the interpretation differ. But all the three accepts "Vedas" and "Upanishads' whcih are very sacrad for them.If you want to really know about Hinduism you must read Books available on the subject and cannot be answered in a simple way
    • Comment
  • ? answered 5 years ago
    • Comment
  • St. Mike answered 5 years ago
    How is this:

Shema Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai Echad - Hear, O Israel: the Lord is our God, the Lord is One.

Jesus: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
    • Comment
  • trreevvv answered 5 years ago
    I think I get what you're saying
    • Comment
  • AVIATOR answered 5 years ago
    lesson number1 how to correctly place a dot on forehead ! Or was it how to properly worship your ancestors the rats or cows and how to recognize them?
    • Comment
  • GreenKitteh: Just Phuking w/ Ya answered 5 years ago
    You'll never get the anwer out of me, Agent Smith!
    • Comment
  • Truth answered 5 years ago
    Most of the Indians do not know the origin of the word Hindus and the Hinduism.
    Present Hindus are not ready to accept the truth; they are feeling offended if some one tells the truth and choose to remain in the dark.

However I am giving the historical evidence for your information, I hope it may enlighten some people to come out from darkness to light.

Hiduism:

Origin of Hindus and Hinduism:
    The word Hindu used by Persians first after they invaded Indus valley just to identify the natives of Indus valley irrespective of their religion, then the word Hindus used by Moguls to identify natives of Hindustan irrespective their religion who are non Muslims. Then when British governed India they made a common term for Hindus to Hinduism combining various Indian originated religions and philosophies to identify people other than Muslim, Christian and Jews in India.

Hence Hinduism is not one religion but it is a common title given for many Indian originated religions like Vedic religion, Jainism, Buddhism, shaivism, Vaishnavism and many more less recognized religions of India.

Before British rule in India there was no word as Hinduism or any religion called Hinduism.

That is why you don’t find any origin to Hinduism or any founder or any specific scripture of its own.

If you look into individual religion they contradict each other and even they fought wars for their faiths.

Chronological changes:

Vedic religion was the oldest religion India in which Brahmins was performing the most important ritual of animal sacrifice and they were non-vegetarians. After 500 BC Buddhism grown stronger in India, kings got converted into Buddhism and the Buddhist king’s imposed ahimsa doctrine in the country. Brahmins could not continue with Vedic religion practices of sacrifices by slaughtering of animals against Buddhist kings, then Brahmins surrendered to Buddhist kings and they introduced new religions called Shaivism, Vaishnavism in which pujas replaced by sacrifices. Shaivism, Vaishnavism have its own individual philosophies and doctrines and books these religions actually contradicting and degrading each other e, even wars took place between them.
    After a period of time they could not afford to fight against each other as their very survival was effected since their followers were confused and could not continue with any God and in any faith. The leaders of Shaivism, Vaishnavism religions compromised with each other developed new concept with new doctrines and introducing concept of avatars combining all the Indian origin religions including Jainism and Buddhism giving importance to god of each religion.

Because of this new concept of avatars; religious gurus / leader started to add any number of gods and avatars and continued to misguide the people/followers by imposing so many new customs / traditions / rituals to keep people/followers busy and away from the real knowledge of GOD. Subsequently the number of gods goes on increasing and now there are more than 3 corers of gods in India as gods.

Know About Each Religion:

Vedic religion ( Sanathan Dharm) the oldest Indian religion: God as a spirit and formless and no idol worship and only sacrifice is for the remission of sin to attain moksha. No idol worship.

Jainism and Buddhism: does not believe in god but accept the philosophy of reincarnation. Attain nirvana only by doing good works and ahimsa. No idol worship.

Vaishnavism & Shaivism : believes in God and accept reincarnation and also accept idol worship and avatars.

Hinduism: accepts all the Indian origin religions and all gods all avatars and all Idol worship etc.

Hinduism is not one religion but it is mixture of religions hence you will have to decide first what your faith is and then practice it.
    • Comment
  • ? answered 5 years ago
    its called not knowing all the false gods you worship basically
    • Comment
  • 3 answers hidden
  • ? answered 5 years ago
    WHY YOU WANT .YOU WILL WRITE SOME BOOK.
    • Comment
  • Please give me some information about Hinduism ?
    What is the Correct Lesson Number & Verse number of "Na Tasya Pratima Asti"?
    Sign in 

to add your answer

• son of God answered 5 years ago
    [Yajurveda 32:3]
    • Comment
  • Milhouse answered 5 years ago
    All of it's rubbish.
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Total answers: