i am recoding macro in excel 2003 after i protected my work sheet but macro is not run?

i am recoding macro in excel 2003 (autofit row) & set macro with button after i protected my work sheet & clack the button but macro is not run

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Big C
    Lv 5
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Don't use macro, learn a little vba.

• 10 years ago

Haha when you record a macro you are indirectly using VBA sir... Anyway, go to macro settings and set it to low security. If that doesn't work, make sure you have VBA checked in trusted publishers or w/e. Bam, easy as that.

EDIT: If you are using Office 2007, you have to go to Excel options (click the top left button, it's at the bottom) > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Macros. This is where you can control what to allow and what not to allow. For 2003, it should be under Tools > Macros > Security.

Source(s): Accountant for 1.5 years/mastered Excel in that time. I write macros in VBA as well.
  • Denn
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

Depending on what your Macro actually does you will need to 'Unprotect' the Sheet/Workbook at the start of the Macro and the 'Protect' it again at the end of the Macro.

(you may find it easier to 'Unprotect' at the start of the Macro - then create a new Close/Save Macro that 'Protects' the sheet as part of its code)

• 4 years ago

after the line: Dim ma As Range insert: Activesheet.Unprotect Password:="your password" and on the line before: End Sub insert: Activesheet.Protect Password:="your password" you can leave off the 'Password:="your password"' if there is no password.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.