Gallstones causing Hepatomegaly?

Okay so I've been having abdominal pain for a while, and the doctor finally did an ultrasound. It showed several gall stones ranging in size from 3 - 8mm in diameter. And they found mild hepatomegaly. What I curious about is if the hepatomegaly is because of my diseased gallbladder. Anyone out there had the same problem and some advice? I see the surgeon on Wednesday.

Gallstones do not lead to liver enlargement (hepatomegaly.) Hepatomegaly could occur due to infiltration of the liver with fat cells (fatty liver), which can be secondary to alcohol abuse or non-alcholic liver disease. Liver enlargement could also occur with other liver conditions, such as hepatitis.

Source(s): Physician

Hepatitis will also be triggered by way of sexual touch or shared needles- and because it progresses, will also be deadly. Hepatitis influences the liver, Jaundice happens in blood illnesses, just like the liver and gallbladder & motives a yellow discoloring of the eyes, nails, and epidermis. The hepatitis that I talk of, is form C. ( I believe) There are different forms- which I have no idea a lot of. Hope this may increasingly support a few... sorry I could not inform you extra. Try Google for extra support...

You really need to keep your appointment with your doctor. The liver problem may or may not be related to the gall bladder issue. You need to have liver panels and other tests run to be sure about this. There are numbers of issues that can cause the liver to swell or become over sized. None of them are good. Be sure you get it checked.

i think you'll have to treat your gallstone first.. i hope this helps