Would a true "Apostle" judge people on their own questions on a public site?

I have a need to know why anyone would answer questions from people... just to judge them and pretty much decide their fate... without really knowing them.

Update:

If you can't or won't answer decently, please skip the question.

Update 2:

Prasad... God wants to have "apostles" judge us and turn us away from him by being judgmental?

If I say judgmental things to YOU in particular, I don't think you're going to like it very much and will say I don't even truly KNOW you. Yes?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Eink
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Best answer

Think about all those olden times when the apostles acted as ordinary individuals ---- arguing about who among them was the 'greatest', asking to be seated on the next right and left of their Master, running away saving themselves from being implicated time after, even denying and betraying their Master in the end. This only proved how 'weak' at heart even an 'apostle' could be. Most of us would desire a piece of fame and power. Tempted to claim praises anywhere we could. Lost at times in our misused words. But just as it was said: "Not all that call out "Lord!, Lord!" ------are worthy of His Name.

If we judge; we, too, shall be judged. Sometimes, our humility barometer isn't working properly?

• 9 years ago

The reason people respond in this area is that each person (both atheist and theist) thinks that his understanding is the correct version.

When others show they have a different conviction, there is a natural urge to correct and convince them. The receivers of the correction have the same urge to oppose and reject the revision.

The problem is that, since the listener is already convinced he is correct, convincing him about religion (for or against) is extremely difficult. (This results in the “Cassandra Syndrome”. Mythical Cassandra was given the gift of foreknowledge and later cursed such that no one believed her. The syndrome is the feeling that your group or you alone know the truth.)

The only beliefs that can be impossible are those held by OTHER people.

• 9 years ago

All opposition on this public website is opposing Christianity and Christ Jesus. Satan only opposes the Truth - not the lie! I stand for the Truth and the Truth is the Word of God, the Holy Bible.

Jeremiah 10:10,11 KJV

"But the Lord is the true God, He is the living God, and an everlasting king: at His wrath the earth shall tremble; and the nations shall not be able to abide His indignation. Thus shall you say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens."

• Annie
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

It is hard to make any kind of judgment in here.... Type has NO emotion.... Some times we can KNOW what people are thinking just by what words they use... Some people make it real clear what they are SAYING..... As for making the type of judgment you are talking about ? NO.... There is NO WAY to and we should NOT even attempt to make that sort of judgment.... NEVER.... We can however state what the Bible/God *says* about it , but, to be honest, people take that as *judgment* when it is not..... go in peace..... God bless

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 years ago

The problem is some people insist that their opinion or answer to the question in mention is right and everyone else is wrong.

Its all good though because these types of people are obvious even to the most basic and primitive lifeforms,we need not worry.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I don't think anyone on here's in a position to 'pretty much judge' the fate of their fellow users.

I think there's a clue in the 'without really knowing them' part.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

No, they would not. God gave his apostles the power to forgive, NOT to judge.

• 9 years ago

god will select that kind of people. he will introduce them when time comes. don't say apostle is not there. some people don't know my paster is apostle.

• 9 years ago

Whatcha got there is a delusional arrogant self-important

and highly conceited pretender - who is way! out of line. ;D

Merely enamored of the sound of his voice and/or his printed word,

he proselytizes - constantly and at great length - in several venues.

Y!A is only one of them.

Possibly it will require disinfection - ;) but scrape him off just as you

would any detritus attached to the bottom of your shoe. };>

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

hopefully not....no one here fits the "apostle" term.....

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.