Is this enough for Indians to believe ?

Is this enough for Indians to believe that UPA Govt. is failed on all corners ?

Because Gujarat tops Centre's 20-pt development prog.

Besides Gujarat, several other non-Congress states, figure in the top 10 for implementing the Twenty Point Programme that encompasses a host of poverty alleviation and rural development schemes, said a review conducted by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.

So my question is - Is this enough for Indians to believe that UPA Govt. has FAILED ?

Just have a look at a link below:

http://www.zeenews.com/news664388.html

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

I saw the link that reads:

Zeenews Bureau

Updated on Friday, October 29, 2010, 00:35

New Delhi: Narendra Modi-led Gujarat government has emerged as the top performer of the Centre's Twenty Point Programme-2006, while Maharashtra, Bihar and Northeast among others figure at the bottom of the ranking ladder.

Besides Gujarat, several other non-Congress states, figure in the top 10 for implementing the Twenty Point Programme that encompasses a host of poverty alleviation and rural development schemes, said a review conducted by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.

Gujarat was ranked first with 51 points for performance during April-July 2010 followed by Karnataka, Jharkhand, Punjab and Uttar Pradesh…………

-------------

Well that is good to know and we wish the same tempo is shown in other states, particularly the Congress ruled ones too. But to show that UPA had failed, the development issues are not the only examples and there are any number of other issues as well.

Even if it has the right persons to draft nice schemes the disturbing revelations of historic scams and the unconcealed apathy to deal with them and their obsession with tainting opposition parties and their govts shows that they had themselves confessed to their failure!

• ND
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes Congress is a failure - just see how many Lakh Crore Rs. there are in Swiss Bank A/Cs because of the corruption that Congress has failed to tackle in nearly 60 years being in power since Independence.

Let us not forget that it was the Indira Gandhi led Congress Party who imposed a State Emergency in India which curtailed all basic human rights of every single person - try and support that Indian Inc.. It is Indira Gandhi's daughter-in-law and grandson now hell-bent on destroying the country.

It was the Congress Party's policies of a closed economy that brought India to the edge of economic collapse in 1990s until they learnt their mistakes and opened up the economy.

"However, the year 2009 saw a significant slowdown in India's GDP growth rate to 6.8% as well as the return of a large projected fiscal deficit of 6.8% of GDP which would be among the highest in the world." This is again during UPA Govt. tenure. Inflation is high at 8.62% (Sept. 2010) again on UPA Govt watch. Unemployment at 10.7% which is quite high considering so many jobs are being outsourced to India from the UK and USA etc.

In fact I would challenge the UPA Govt and the puppet PM to give me 2 months in office and I will turn India into a true economic powerhouse and I'm only 19 years old, but still I have every confidence that I will progress the country so much in 2 months that Congress and BJP couldn't do in 63 years of Independence! :D

• Doctor
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

No , not yet . While those statements are true about non-congress ruled states but at national level still no better alternate on the horizon.

Source(s): self
  • uk Jn
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Reality bites

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Don't get disturbed. They are going to win the next election also and one more after that.

This country has now decided to march forward towards fast progress. You may keep sulking. But a 'secular' India has a date with destiny.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No I found that link with a best ANTI-VIRUS ! ha ha ha aha hahaha......

Remember Laloo Yadav said Congress is a Dengue-Virus !! LOL m tired of laughing !! oooohhhoooo

• 1 decade ago

That link contains virus. This claim of UPA having failed is a 'straw-man's arguement'. No development is worth, if it is stained by the blood of innocents.

UPA cannot be a failure when India's GDP is at a steady 8-9% growth, the second best in the world. Please do not try to infect other's computers with virus.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too much of unnecessary laughing is a symptom of an imbalanced mental state.

India Inc.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.