Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 9 years ago

Question for adults: Do you miss being a teenager?

Id prefrebly like late 20s, 30s+ to answer this. Do you miss being a teenager?

Absolutely not. I have more confidence, and am less shy, know myself better and am not as afraid of what people think. I've learned from life experiences and have more wisdom. Some things physically I wish I could still do but all in all I like being in my 50's a lot better.

I do NOT miss being a teenager. Whoever said that they are the best years of your life was completely misinformed. lol

When you're a teenager, everyone is so emotional and there is so much drama surrounding everything. Everyone is also trying to figure out who they are and what they want to do in life. Everything seems so complicated.

That being said, I do miss some of the things that I did as a teenager - band competitions, my first job (ok, so the people moreso than the job lol), and having fewer responsibilities.

Overall, there are some benefits to being a teen (i.e. fewer responsibilities), but they do NOT outweigh the benefits of being an adult.

Do try to enjoy your teenage years, though. While there are probably better times out there in your future, enjoy today - just be sensible about it. ;-)

Source(s): I'm 29, pushing 30. :-)

I don't miss being a teenager I just wish I would have done things differently i.e. tried harder in high school, went to prom etc. I'm happy that I'm an adult and in college and eventually getting a Ph.d I like having money now that I'm a working member of society and as a teenager I didn't have any money.

• Peepaw

I do a little. However I like being older, cause I now have an 11 year old grandson.

• Mica

My teen years sucked! I would rather be in my mid 20s forever

Not at all. I like the fact that I have freedom to do whatever I want without answering to my parents.

I don't miss it. It's good to be independent now.

Don't miss it , I can do more, understand more, have more Control

no ... being a teenager was hell ... the metamorphosis to adulthood was heaven ... (-.-)