Anonymous

Why Indians have not invented anything in science?

We in India keep bragging of our greatness, our past heritage, our culture, our ancient knowledge, etc. You will find that India only romanticizes the past. I was looking around my house trying to identify any single thing that we use in our daily life that was invented by an Indian: NOTHING! No safety pin, no clothes, no processed food, no furniture, no glass, no gas, no fridge, no electricity, no fan, no light bulb, no TV, no footwear, no toilet, no plumbing, no plastic, no anti-biotics, NOTHING FOR GOD'S SAKE! I am an Indian and NOT very proud to admit that we have not contributed much to the modern world. Even now it is not too late ... we should STOP being proud of COPYCAT achievements of our software 'greats' and business tycoons such as Narayanmurthy, Aziz Premji, Vijay Mallya, Ambanis, etc. These people have only created wealth out of second-hand ideas. THE NEXT GEN INDIANS SHOULD FOCUS ON "RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT" AND BECOME INVENTORS - NOT BOASTFUL

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Jay
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Pranav Mistry has been called one of the best inventors in the world right now. Some of his inventions include an invisible computer mouse, intelligent sticky notes that can be searched, located and can send reminders and messages, and a pen that can draw in 3D. I think he might live in the US now though, so he might not meet your criteria.

Here are a few others...

Vinod Dham - known as the Father of the Pentium chip

Dilip Venkatachari - holds many patents for technological and finacial data management

Gopalswamy Doraiswamy Naidu - Known as the Edison of India

Jagadish Chandra Bose - A radio and Microwave pioneer

• 9 years ago

There are not many Indian inventors because India is only now having its industrial revolution. It's hard to make new technology when you don't have easy access to existing technology, for instance you can't invent the lightbulb unless you have access to skilled glass workers, skilled machinists, a supply of the materials for the filament, a vacuum pump and a reliable source of electricity.

India has produced some great scientists and mathematicians like Bose, Chandrasekhar and Ramanujan.

@Jay

"an invisible computer mouse".

I've got one of those! It's around here somewhere....

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

One thing that i know u might have in your house is the U.S.B, an Indian co-invented it and for some reason he was more praised for co-inventing than the guy who actually invented it. But it is a proud achievement. Though not that much credit in science goes to India, they invented a hell lot of maths. U also have to know that India is more famous for its computer skills, even though US found it-India mastered it to its very extent. And i don't think i know any other country that matches its patriotism as well.

Source(s): Books and friends
  • 9 years ago

they're too busy charming snakes

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 years ago

i cannot help but agree with you completely....we need more innovators not followers.

• 9 years ago

they sure didnt invent deodorant!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.