How Do I Install Mac OSX 10.3 on an iMac G3?

I have an iMac G3 (built Jan 7, 1999) that's the original Bondi Blue color. It is the tray loading version.

I got the computer second hand, it had already been upgraded to 9.2.2, but 10.3 would not install from the CD. I did something really dumb. I disassembled it, took out the hard drive, hooked it up to my Macbook Pro as an external, and formatted it for Mac (Journaled). I thought that I would be able to do a fresh install of OS 10.3 on an empty hard drive. I reassembled the computer, popped in the CD, and held down C while turning it on.

All I get is a white screen with an Apple logo.

Is there a way to install 10.3 onto the hard drive and have the computer work?

It has a 4GB hard drive and more than 256MB of memory (It said 280-something).

Panther requires 256MB memory, I have more than that.

Panther requires 1.5 gigs hard drive space. I have 4

The installation discs (all three of them) are CDs, not DVDs.

OS X Panther requires at a minimum 128 Mb RAM and 1.5 Gb of hard drive space. Panther wasn't as resource hungry as later versions of OS X were. But in saying that, the more RAM and hard drive space you can throw at it the better.

You might not actually be able to install it. If the install disk is DVD then your imac drive probably can't handle DVD discs. You can't install on the imac hard drive connected as an external drive to your Macbook as OS X will try to install the intel version not the powerPC version. Unless you can get a CD version of OS X panther you might be stuck. At the time your iMac was in production note, OS X Panther was compatibile with that machine and could be installed on it.

No button to push. according to hazard your CD rigidity is undesirable or the disc is undesirable. it may desire to have loaded the CD and a window showing the "set up Mac OS X" icon with a purple arrow (you won't be able to omit it) could desire to have opened. If none of that occurs, you would be able to desire to troubleshoot the CD rigidity or verify the disc for scratches. Fill scratches with that milky belongings you may desire to purchase at any vast action picture keep or CD music keep. in spite of if it extremely is a burned disc, it must be burned on a Mac from a DMG record that became made out of an unique Apple set up CD. abode windows burning technique will possibly no longer provide acceptable effects. yet another thought: is your iMac 400MHz or swifter processor? The older iMacs won't be able to use Tiger. you may desire Panther (10.3.x).

ok first off, 4gigs is way to small for OSX .secondly the OSX disc is a dvd i believe and the stock drive for the bondi blue is a cd-rom drive but it is a standard type so putting in a dvd one is possible .as for the ram and processor , the ram is ok but still low. it's a ppc type processor and those models came with many different speed's for the processor.