Is Libya's case similar to Egypt ?

If yes, then why US & UK are so eager to test their missiles in Libya ? Gaddafi may be a brute dictator but its their internal matter and may be left to Libyans to decide his fate like in the case Egypt. Presently Libyans are supporting the attacks but politically taking the help of foreign countries in internal matter is not advisable.

So, somewhere we feel the said super powers' interference as offensive.

Correct me if I am wrong ? your views please ?

Gaddafi is a terrorist. He should have been taken out a long time ago for those acts rather than becoming a recognized leader. Hussein was also brutal. Mubarak, on the other hand, never tried to murder his citizens or start a civil war. He finally just left because he really did care about his country and the people enough not to murder them to stay in power.

Politics is complex

the mid east southern Mediterranean has NEVER known democracy

Egypt is having a more or less peaceful transition of power

Nobody likes being told what to do

If you think america is a bully, try living under Hitler's Germany or ancient Rome. Ever hear of Carthage?

the whole world is in a period of transition. the ancient tribalism must and will end.

the missiles do not have to be "tested". considering wars kill people, those "smart bombs" almost always hit exactly on the military targets. only a few decades ago bombs were: "to whom it may concern"

Too bad K did not listen to the grievances of the libyan people and resign

america has enough problems without being policeman to the world

Source(s): Adult american

I don't think it's ever justified to allow mass murder by any dictator when we have the capabilities to prevent it. There's certainly problems that come with our intervention, but I feel better having done that than ignoring Gaddafi's attempts to destroy so many lives.

• ?

No. Gaddafi was marked for a long....only that his turn came before iran. that's all.

maybe egypt was staged prelude to libya war to dilute arab sentiments.

I'm no expert but I assume there was an expectation of genocide in this instant.

no it is not similar

only idol worshippers find non existent dissimilarity